Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder sturobson Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

Question forgot to take money out of cash machine

I've just withdrawn thrity pounds from a tesco cash machine using my Natwesticon card, on getting to tesco (10 seconds) I realised i hadn't got the money. Ran back the slip was there but no money. does anyone know how to get the money back or is it automatically repaid to my bank account ? very worried...

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder Dani Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Default Re: forgot to take money out of cash machine

Did the money actually come out of the hole in the wall and somebody has taken it? Or did it not come out?

Dani

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder JimmyTheOne Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

It's really worth checking with Your Bank & Tesco, or whoever is responsible for the ATM.

After X amount of seconds I believe the Money if not removed is sucked back into the ATM, the slip isn't, but your bank should be aware of this. It's also worth checking if the ATM is covered by an internal or external CCTV, soonest.

It seems as if in your case though that the cash has been removed by a.n. other, therefore CCTV maybe your best bet, oh and inform the police (soonest) after you've checked with your bank and confirmed the withdrawal.

Good luck

Just for interesticon:

[please do not post advocating fraud]

Sorry - But several years ago I spoke with a HSBCicon Banker. 1st Party fraud, especially at ATMs was a problem, and this was pre Chip & PIN days, i.e. before PINs were automatically issued with credit cards. But your right and I do apologise. On the other hand unless we know how these crimes are committed, we can't combat them.

(On the other hand you could give people ideas how to commit fraud - I understand your thinking but please refrain from posting it again)

I won't, but I'm glad that SHELL held up their hands when their PIN entry devices were hacked, and millions lost.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Moodymulder Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

Hi
    My mum did this a few years ago after the death of my stepfather and her mind was all over the place. What happens at ATM's in my mum's case anyway is that if the money is not taken from the ATM the ATM pulls it back in. She had no problem with the bank and the money was credited back into her account very quickly.

24th August 2006 Template letter to Argos demanding late payment fee of 17.50 is returned.

Argos late payment fee of 17.50 is returned.

22nd Nov 5 late payment fee returned by BT.

Virgin credit card 2* 12 overlimit fees, LBA issued early Nov..... awaiting news
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder alexifa Novitiate alexifa's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

This happened to me and my statement just showed the money as being debited and then recredited.

HSBC
    7th October 2006 - Prelim for 3078
    24th October - LBA
    7th November - Claim filed
    11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend
    11th December - Defence filed
    16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax
    7th October 2006 - Prelim for 3427
    24th October - LBA
    3rd November - Offered 913
    3rd November - Accepted as partial payment
    7th November - Claim issued
    21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend
    11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal
    4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L
    19th October - Prelim for 540
    26th October - Offered 358
    2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA
    27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder royboy68 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2006
    I am in
    Preston

I had the same problem. Had to wait for the bank to check the ATM at there usual time. Evidently it wasnt drawn back in and it wasnt covered by CCTV so they claim it must have been me or ANother that took it. 40 lost

NATTIE

You will need to go into your bank and complete an ATM dispute form. If it has been sucked backed into the machine you should get the funds back into your accont within 5-6 weeks. If someone was behind you at the atm they may have taken the money which means you are 30 quid out of pocket.

Banned Karnevil

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    UK

5 - 6 WEEKS ????? Blimey.

NATTIE

Karne, if I explain it in full it would be a bit long winded. What effectively happens is that the form goes to an ATM claims team who make further investigations, they then contact the atm supplier who have 10 working days to respond and then the money should be credited back. I do feel embarrassed having to explain this process to customers who may have had only 10 deducted, but you have to advise the timescale involved.

Basic Account Holder immmys Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2010
    I am in
    CLASSIFIED

i was in preston lancashire and used the Lloydsicon tbs cash machine to withdraw 300 pounds but i took the card and left without taking the cash. I checked with the bank and the 300 has been debited. I think some one behind me took it

i have reported to the police and i am waiting for a appointment to explain it

hopefully the cctv on the atm would have caught it

the atm was on lancaster road preston

im gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps any ideas how i can go about getting my cash back any one helppppppppp

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2008
    I am in
    camborne

immmy its gone! nobody responsible but you, just as if you dropped it and somebody piked it up.
    illegal but thats what happens unless they hand it in to police or back to the bank; not likely tho.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    watchinginvestigation2011 Informative watchinginvestigation2011 Informative watchinginvestigation2011 Informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2011
    I am in
    the real world

Lets cross fingers an honest sole has handed it in, as if they havnt it is lost xx

Basic Account Holder Kitten1 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

Which bank are you with? I did something similar a few weeks ago - withdrew 30 quid, took my card and left the money!!

I spoke to HSBCicon who raised a dispute with the ATM owner (Lloydsicon) and organised for me to be recredited with the 30 in the meantime. It got me out of a hole at least!!

Hsbc then wrote back to me a few weeks later telling me that the machine reconcilliation didn't show a discrepancy so they took the 30 back but I didn't mind so much as by then I had been paid again and wasn't down to my last few quid!!

It is annoying when it happens but there may be something you can do x

Basic Account Holder immmys Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2010
    I am in
    CLASSIFIED

Hi All

Thanks for all your advice, but i have managed to retreive my money . what happened was that the money was suched back in to the machine and the banks cash machine did not balalnce and as result i recived a call and my money was credited back into my account

A really lucky escape.

regards

immmys

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu Highly informative raydetinu's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2008
    I am in
    camborne

cool.lucky escape

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE