• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

In arrears with Brighhouse, mental health issues and they won't stop contacting me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pls can someone help.

I'm in arrears with brighthouse

I've been a customer for 4 years never missing a payment ever.

I unfortunately had a serious mental health issue and was sent to see a mental health worker and

I was put on some serious medication which makes me sleep most of the time that is when BRIGHTHOUSE ain't phoning or banging my door down.

Calls happen at least 4-5 times a day and home visits at LEAST TWICE EVERY DAY except Sunday.

Surely this is harassment.

I accept I'm in arrears but due to losing job and trying to sort my mental health out I cannot cope with this at the min.

Once my medication is right and I'm back work ill pay

but not the late fees and all the insurances they MADE ME HAVE

thank you for any advice

HI jazzt

Others will be along to offer more advice.

First few bits of nuggets are :

1. No telephone contact with them. When they ring, hang up saying in writing only!

2. If you go to the CAG library above there is a template letter for Doorstep collectors and telephone harassment. I would advice you to edit those to suit and send those to their head office, keeping a copy for yourself and attach proof of delivery and postage.

Your health is more important. Remember, they are not bailiffs, have no such legal powers and cannot enter if you do not let them in. NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY!

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thank you. That's a huge relief as I have a daughter who helps look after me and I'm worried if she opens the door they will push by her she only 12.

I just didn't no with my mental health the way it is if I was being over dramatic calling it harassment being home visited and called that much in 1 day.

I'm just not mentally physically able to deal with all this right now.

Thank you again for help and support :-)

Good Morning jazzyjass,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear that you are currently experiencing financial difficulties and health issues; I know that cannot be easy.

I would like to reassure you that our company policy is that our staff will never enter a customer’s home unless invited to do so by the customer. We always take any incidents involving the conduct of our staff very seriously so should you have any particular concerns, we will be able to assist with putting in place measures to resolve this.

I would like to also assure you that we appreciate our customers’ circumstances may change and are committed to assisting our customers through any financial difficulties. If your BrightHouse account is in arrears, we’ll listen to your individual circumstances and then agree on the best course of action to help you get back on track. We do have a number of options which may help lessen your payments and we are keen to assist you and discuss the options available to help bring your account back on track.

Because this is an anonymous forum, I am unable to see any of your account details, therefore I ask that you email [email protected] (quoting your CAG reference in the subject line). Once we have been able to establish your account details, we will help you in any way we can and will be able to advise you of your options. Alternatively, I would encourage you to consider contacting our Customer Relations Team on 0800 526 069 as this would allow for us to discuss your concerns with you directly and allow for a speedier resolution.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations Team

Hi Jazzy

My advice remains to do everything in writing so there is a paper trail you can fall back on. Things said over the phone are very difficult to enforce and many go back on anything agreed over the phone.

Please read the following guide if you feel you must make that call

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?439552-Guidance-note-Dealing-with-Customer-Service-Departments

Also no matter what anyone else says, please continue to keep this thread updated so we can advise you or warn you if something untoward is happening. Not only does this help you but it helps others in the same predicaments that you are in.

Regards

SS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP before I lose my mind completely. I've done all of the above with bright house. Spoke on phone telling them my situation with my sever mental health. They took a formal complaint from me this was Thursday 16/4/15 I expressed I had revoked there right to call or visit me at home yet they still call and visiting me at home. I emailed a formal complaint again yesterday Fri 17/4 and again today no home visit but the calls still happening. I really mentally cannot cope the oft has now stopped trading so who can I contact to report them. I'm on serious medication at my anti physcotics to try and help me but this much harassment it's making me worse. I'm at my wits end ty

Hi jazzy,

Apologies if you find this intrusive PM me and I have an email for a contact in Brighthouse and he's emailed me today so I know he will receive it and I'll prompt him to action something as it appears you have enough to deal with.

JASON sort the store staff out. It's all well and good head office being empathetic when stores do this.

I've been assured further training is being implemented to retail staff I suggest you start with this store.

You can't make people feel like this!!!!!

Hi jazzy,

Apologies if you find this intrusive PM me and I have an email for a contact in Brighthouse and he's emailed me today so I know he will receive it and I'll prompt him to action something as it appears you have enough to deal with.

JASON sort the store staff out. It's all well and good head office being empathetic when stores do this.

I've been assured further training is being implemented to retail staff I suggest you start with this store.

You can't make people feel like this!!!!!

Hi nelly no I don't find it intrusive hun I really am at my wits end I'm constantly crying as I can't cope with the constant harassment from them. I've explained on the phone my situation I've emailed them to tell them to only contact me in writing yet they don't listen. I hate being mentally ill and not being able to sort my own finances out god sake I'm a grown woman but my mental health just won't allow me. As on my current meds I sleep a lot. If they just done what I asked then any letters I got I could give to my eldest daughter to sort as she don't live with me. I can't do that wen they banging on my door and phoning from 8am to 8 pm Several times a day. They gonna tip me over the edge.Im gonna get daughter to call cab in morning to try to help if that fails then police action as last resort But thank you hun for yr help and concerns it's greatly appreciated x

Jazzy

I understand how frustrating it is trying to deal with this.

Your next point of call would be to access the CAG Templates and look for the letter that tells them to stop phoning you. Send it with the one withdrawing consent to visit as well.

Send it with proof of postage from the post office. Keep a copy of the letters and attach proof of postage and if you can afford it, proof of delivery.

Keep a record of every call and visit, log them in a book. If they turn up on your door tell them to go away. If they refuse to leave phone the police. Record the reference number. All this will help develop a record of incidents that you can use to stop their harassment. Make sure on the letters you inform them as well of your mental health problems and how this harassment is impacting on your life.

Every time they phone you, hang up.

Also as a side note to anyone, CAG does not allow advice by PM, this is not only to protect members but also to keep advice public so others may benefit from it. Nelly, can I ask you to email that email to Bankfodder? That way if anyone needs the link they can contact the site team. This protects the confidentiality of your contact and at the same time means you can avoid falling foul of the PM rule :)

Kind Regards

SS

Good Morning jazzyjass,

I am sorry you have had problems with the service and amount of contact received regarding your account.

I can confirm, your email has been received by the Customer Relations team and the visits and calls have now been stopped. Your complaint has been brought to the attention of the Regional Manager and Divisional Controller.

While we respect your request and will not contact regarding the arrears, in order for us to fully investigate the complaint and provide a response, it is often helpful to talk through the queries to fully understand the points that need to be addressed.

I have confirmation, the Regional Manager will be contacting you today.

We understand that customers’ circumstances may change at any time and apologise our process has led you to feel this way.

Many thanks,

Jason

Web Relations team