Euro Car Parks - Illegal tickets??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be most grateful if anyone could advise me of the validity of a "Parking Charge Notice" issued.

I am led to believe that within the Decriminalised Parking Enforcement system i.e. the Road Traffic Act 1991 that a PCN must now follow a strict format for it to be enforceable i.e.

1. The top of the ticket must have the words "Date of Issue.
  2. The ticket must have the correct term on it i.e. "contravention".

The said ticket was issued by Euro Car Parks and is headed:

"Parking Charge Notce"

ON .................FROM............

D) OTHER ......NOT IN A MARKED BAY

I would be most grateful for any advice as to the legality of this supposed PCN.

Regards.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just where did you get this ticket?

Does it state that it is a Penalty Charge Notice and does it refer specifically to the Road Traffic Act 1991?

Euro Car Parks tend to issue private tickets on private land at that is a whole different ball game. (and the dates issue would be totally irrelevant in such a case)

The ticket, issued EURO CAR PARKS says PARKING CHARGE NOTICE UNAUTHORISED REMOVAL OR INTERFERENCE IS PROHIBITED No mention of Road Traffic Act on it.

It was issued on the roof car park above the Park Farm Shopping Centre in Allestree, Derbyshire. I assume this is Private Property as such. But am so ticked off about it - if they are so desperate for revenue, why don't they charge people to park there. Iwas parked in an unmarked area with NO markings on it i.e. no yellow lines round the edge or across it - the roadway was next to it so I was NOT causing an obstruction. Ticket says D) OTHER......NOT IN A MARKED BAY. Any comments much appreciated

The ticket, issued EURO CAR PARKS says PARKING CHARGE NOTICE UNAUTHORISED REMOVAL OR INTERFERENCE IS PROHIBITED No mention of Road Traffic Act on it.

It was issued on the roof car park above the Park Farm Shopping Centre in Allestree, Derbyshire. I assume this is Private Property as such. But am so ticked off about it - if they are so desperate for revenue, why don't they charge people to park there. Iwas parked in an unmarked area with NO markings on it i.e. no yellow lines round the edge or across it - the roadway was next to it so I was NOT causing an obstruction. Ticket says D) OTHER......NOT IN A MARKED BAY. Any comments much appreciated

Markings, etc. are irrelevant. This is a private ticket and unenforcable in law. The basis of their charge is that the driver agreed to an 'implied contract' by parking there. The matter is bound by contract law and is a civil matter. However, contracts may not imposes 'penalties' in such cases, only losses and they would have to prove to a County Court judge the following:

• You were the driver (and the RK has no obligation whatsoever to name the driver)
  • That the signage relating to the use of the car park is clear and unambigous
  • That the vehicle was parked at the date/time alleged
  • That the y have suffered losses to the extent claimed

If you ignore it, then they will eventually write to the registered keeper. You merely assert that you were not the driver and are are no obligation to name the driver, and any further pursuit by them against you will be regarded as harassment and reported to the relevant authorities

• 2 years later...

my friend recieved a Euro Car Parks ticket on Sunday, 7pm!

she checked the pay and display in front of her (about 6metre away) and it said you pay mon-fri, there were a lot of bays infront of her, but she was in the car park opposite, in manchester. turns out, she read the wrong pay and display metre, she should have read the one behind her, and that says you pay weekends, only £2. of course if she knew she had to pay she would of parked opposite for free, but no, instead, she got charged this pathetic fine of £70, thats unheard of for outside of London!

Can anybody help us out, shes recently been layed off at work and cannot afford this!

also we have read that fines get halfed if paid within the 14days, nowhere on the ticket does it mention this, is it still the case with euro car parks?

Thanks.

It's not a fine, it's an unenforceable invoice from a private company.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any letters you receive, no matter how threatening

• they will give up and go away

It's a [problem]. Legally they're entitled to actual losses ie. £2. But since they're asking for £70 and it's a con, just let them swivel.

my friend recieved a Euro Car Parks ticket on Sunday, 7pm!

she checked the pay and display in front of her (about 6metre away) and it said you pay mon-fri, there were a lot of bays infront of her, but she was in the car park opposite, in manchester. turns out, she read the wrong pay and display metre, she should have read the one behind her, and that says you pay weekends, only £2. of course if she knew she had to pay she would of parked opposite for free, but no, instead, she got charged this pathetic fine of £70, thats unheard of for outside of London!

Can anybody help us out, shes recently been layed off at work and cannot afford this!

also we have read that fines get halfed if paid within the 14days, nowhere on the ticket does it mention this, is it still the case with euro car parks?

Thanks.

Please heed the above advice and ignore. What you have is an invoice and not a fine-its just another PPC [problem] so dont worry. Tell your friend the following will now happen-

She'll recieve another letter from Euro Parks in about 7/14 days (although it varies) which will up the invoice amount owed. From here they usually pass it on to thier DCA- Control Account who will send you approx 2-3 letters which again will up the amount 'owed'. Tell your friend not to worry regardless of what is in the letters. Any problems just keep us posted:)

• 7 months later...

This is an email sent to Euro Car Parks from me.

I will post any reply I recieve (if any) and also the outcome.

Parking Ticket No: R *******

This ticket is not valid and will not be paid as it was issued in error by your employee.

I and several other people were issued with parking tickets at the Princess Grace Hospital in Farnborough, Kent yesterday.

I took the details of another driver and have advised her that she should not pay the ticket and she agreed.

I will accept £10 for the trouble your company has caused me.

I have just telephoned a Mrs Burke who deals with the parking issues at this hospital but she is on leave so I will be speaking to to her counterpart

a lady called Sara tomorrow to tell her about the trouble and the phone calls that arose from the stupid ticket you issued and to point them to the internet

forums about your cowboy company. I invite you to take me to court, in fact I dare you and will look forward to it, I doubt wether you have the guts.

I will also be pointing out your companis short comings as regards to the company they are using to patrol the car park.

These tickets are not worth the paper they are written on as you cannot enforce payment. The more people that learn that your tickets are a [problem] the more money

you lose and I hope you lose all your contracts. When you issued a ticket on my vehicle you picked on the wrong person as I love taking people to court

I will also point out that you do not put a phone number on the parking tickets. And I tell Sara that

I have offered to be taken to court on this matter.

If I do not get the money refunded for my phone calls and inconvenience then I will issue an N1 form in the Croydon County Court against the hospital

that employs you and I will bother to do it as I can issue a summons without incuring any costs to myself but it will incur costs to the hospital.

I wonder if the hospital will take kindly to the fact that they will be taken to the small claims court.

UP YOURS COWBOYS !

Go on take me to court.

I will be placing a copy of this email on the euro car parks forum which is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/44410-euro-car-parks-illegal.html

Refund the money for my phone calls and trouble or else !

Cheque made payable to ***********************

sorry to bump an old thread again, but seemed pointless to open a new one.. I received a parking ticket from ECP.. and I wrote back to fight it, the ticket was issued at 2am, outside my place of work, and i know for a fact the tickets are issued by the security who patrol the shopping centre, not employees of ECP. so they wrote back to me and said that the charge was issued correctly, and i still have to pay £70.. no option to pay the reduced amount.. where do i stand??

Don't even waste your breath with these jokers - it is a [problem]. You have been issued with a private invoice from a private company. They could only ever enforce it by taking you to court (County Court) which is a long and arduous process - not to mention costly. There is a lot of law that can bolster your defence and weaken their claim. Let them chase you. In reality, they will write a few letters to you full of lies and fraudulent claims and then they will go away.

Ignore them and you'll be fine (no pun intended)

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Some advice please:

Issued a lovely Parking Charge Notice on Sunday in a Sainsburys car park.

(Pay and display)

Forgot to get a 1/2 hour free ticket.

First time we ever saw parking attendant, and first time we ever got a ticket.

VERY difficult to read (written in and VERY faint).

Questioned the ticket with parking attendant and was told that since we were in Sainsbury's, we could send in our receipt and the ticket would be cancelled.

Now reading this thread I think it's just a ploy to get us to contact them and they would never cancel the ticket.

Any suggestions?

Now reading this thread I think it's just a ploy to get us to contact them and they would never cancel the ticket.

I can tell you what the letter would say right here right now:

"Whilst we appreciate you did shop at Sainsbury's, our terms and conditions clearly state a pay and display voucher must be displayed at all times and so we are unfortunately unable to cancel the PCN".

Ignore everything as has been said. Euro are toothless [problematic], don't do court but do like to send letters from their very own debt collection company.

Shows you how much in bed these two 'industries' are.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i've just received a ticket, which i was really outraged about as it was put on my windscreen as i unlocked and got in my car, less than a minute late....

I am a student and cannot afford to pay this to be honest...

Any help??

Oh yeah... and on the back it says my details will be referred to the dvla if i don't pay :\

Edited by Miss Psychotic

Anyone can get details from the DVLA for £2.50. It doesn't mean anything.

It's a [problem] - don't pay. Search the forum for Euro.

Expect threatening letters from Euro, Brinx and Credit Control. Ignore the lot and they will give up.

• 2 months later...

have read this thread with great interest, i received a ticket from ecp whilst parked in toys r us car park in norwich, the ticket stated not in marked bay, it was on sunday 2nd of january 2010 there was an inch of snow on the ground it was busy and as a car pulled away from the end of a row i moved and parked in the space he left, i spoke to the store manager stating how was i meant to 'see the bay' when it was covered with snow, but was told it was not his concern.

initially i was going to appeal but having read your suggestions i am inclined to ignore it completely, would my appeal on the grounds you couldnt see the markings be upheld

would my appeal on the grounds you couldnt see the markings be upheld

No. "We have considered your appeal and the scamvoice stands"

having read your suggestions i am inclined to ignore it completely,

This is the correct action so why did you then go on to write the "appeal" line quoted above?

Do not appeal

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to their letters

Do not pay them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks