Davies Loss Adjusters complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I' know this is an old thread but I've had awful problems with Davies Group. My claim which was supposed to be resolved in around 3-4 months is now dragging into it's 9th month. Customer service is poor and communication is dire.

I now have a "new" loss adjuster who thankfully is "coming up with the goods". However, there have been constant delays between processes, poor workmanship by the contractors working on my house to name but a few issues. The original loss adjuster told me to go out and get quotes to speed the process up but then went with their own approved network of contractors. I believe this was an Eastwell contractor. Assurances constantly broken and the workmen have no regard for us and seem to come and go as they please and ignore our requests in the main.

The problem I have now with the work ongoing and claim still not fully settled is that my insurance is shortly up for renewal. I desperately want to change provider and never have to have the misfortune to deal with Davies Group again.

Just wondering if I can cancel a month or so into the new policy year? I have been told that a new insurer won't insure me due to the outstanding claim.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've started a new thread for you so that you can have advice that's specific to your own problems.

I'm not sure that's right about a new insurer not accepting you, who told you please? The forum guys should be along later with more informed views than my own.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I' know this is an old thread but I've had awful problems with Davies Group. My claim which was supposed to be resolved in around 3-4 months is now dragging into it's 9th month. Customer service is poor and communication is dire.

I now have a "new" loss adjuster who thankfully is "coming up with the goods". However, there have been constant delays between processes, poor workmanship by the contractors working on my house to name but a few issues. The original loss adjuster told me to go out and get quotes to speed the process up but then went with their own approved network of contractors. I believe this was an Eastwell contractor. Assurances constantly broken and the workmen have no regard for us and seem to come and go as they please and ignore our requests in the main.

The problem I have now with the work ongoing and claim still not fully settled is that my insurance is shortly up for renewal. I desperately want to change provider and never have to have the misfortune to deal with Davies Group again.

Just wondering if I can cancel a month or so into the new policy year? I have been told that a new insurer won't insure me due to the outstanding claim.

Make a formal complaint to your Insurers and advise them that you are not happy with the handling of the claim and this is making you want to arrange cover elsewhere with an Insurer who is more reliable.

Depends on the claim, but you may be able to arrange cover elsewhere from renewal. Speak to an Insurance Brokers about this and they will tell you whether you can or not.

You can cancel a policy part way into the new period of Insurance, but there is usually a cancellation admin fee, which might put you off from doing this.

If I were in your position, I would pick up the phone and ask to speak to someone in the Insurers claims department to register a formal complaint. Ask to speak to a complaint handler or customer relations that deals with complaints. Before you phone them write down a list of what has gone wrong and read it out. Ask for an email address of their complaints department and then send them details of your complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread