Asbestos disposal costs

ajjm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I don't know how to find the correct forum to post so hope this isn't a problem doing it here. I have a small amount of asbestos to dispose of and would like to do so legally. However, I have been told by the nearest disposal site to me that there is a minimum charge of £55. How does this encourage people to dispose of such waste legally and safely? Are there any alternative ways that are not so expensive? Thanks for your help,

Ajjm

Hi

have you checked with your local council to see if they offer this service. Some do it free, others charge a small fee. Just ensure that it is double bagged and properly sealed (cable ties). This is on the assumption that this is white asbestos.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have been told by the nearest disposal site to me that there is a minimum charge of £55. How does this encourage people to dispose of such waste legally and safely? ..

as posted, some council sites might take it free, or a small fee, provided that they have prior notice. all used to be free.

but, as you say, if there is a fee as such, then no doubt encourages illegal tipping. thats more of a prob since fees introduced, flytips all over the place!

I originally went to council dump, not realising what it was. They wouldn't take it & gave me the details of the local private one so it seems the council won't take it. Rang the environment agency who just said it was all private now.

see if you can find a local compny that handles hazardous waste such as an asbestos removal co and ask them how much for them to dispose of your material if you deliver it to them (you can transport your own hazmat around). Might be worth it if there is only a small amount. They will have paperwork to do so dont expect it to be free.

see if you can find a local compny that handles hazardous waste such as an asbestos removal co and ask them how much for them to dispose of your material if you deliver it to them (you can transport your own hazmat around). Might be worth it if there is only a small amount. They will have paperwork to do so dont expect it to be free.

Thank you I will try this.