Tribunal Case??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am in a lower management role but not for much longer.

After flying through my probation with no issues at all, certain things have come to a head. I started to struggle with the increasing demand for me to adopt an 'aggressive' approach to my team, as this is how the department (as a whole) works. THis is far from my management style - something they knew well duing my initial interview...Anyway, after a meeting with my manager, HR became involved and another meeting was called.

I had already been the 'victim' of certain management lying about what had been said in certain situations so before I spoke to the senior manager in HR (on a one 2 one basis) I set my Iphone to record.

My concern was that I might be dismissed (for what I didn't know) but I was hoping to find alternative emplayment in a different department. I went on to ask what I would be dismissed for if finding another position wasn't possible. HR person said loudly and clearly (three times actually) that I would not be dismissed, going on to repeat that I won't be dismissed as they have no reason to dismiss me.

Go forward ONE day

I have now been told I have a disciplinary hearing next week where it's likely I'm going to be dismissed for., and I quote, ...Some Other Substancial Reason.

Where do I stand with this....I have total and absolute proof of them saying they waon't dismiss me because they have no reason to and now some made up reason to do the deed. Of course, at this point, they have no idea of the recorded meeting but I just had a feeling I'd need to do that to protect myself - and so it's been proved.

Not sure next course of action

Just hate every DCA out there

Hi there

Please can you let us know how long you have worked for the employer? I am guessing less than 2 years.

Are you a union member?

Do you have notes of the meeting and were you asked to sign them?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi there

Please can you let us know how long you have worked for the employer? I am guessing less than 2 years.

Are you a union member?

Do you have notes of the meeting and were you asked to sign them?

It is less than two years, yes and I am not a member of the union.

There are no notes from any meeting, there are no witness statememnts, there are no warnings (prior to this) that this action would come about. All I have is a letter stating to Attend a Disciplinary Hearing where my employment is at risk. They say they haven't made their minds up yet (well my manager who is also chairing the disciplinary said that) but I was chatting to a different manager just before I left work on Friday and he casually said "Oh I hear there's a parting of the waves with you and us" ... hmmm

Just hate every DCA out there

OK

Sadly with less than 2 years means unless there is a issue covered by the equality act you may struggle to get a tribunal case. 2 years service is now required. So tribunal route to you is unlikely.

Sorry to hear you being treated in that way

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3733

Afraid for unfair dismissal it is. as from Apr 2012

Edited by SabreSheep
correcting keyboard dyslexia

It is two years unless the dismissal is for a Protected Characteristic - for example Disability, Race, Religion, Age, Sex, plus certain other reasons, none of which appear to be the case here

Without two years service an employer can dismiss without having to justify their decision providing that they are not dismissing for a discriminatory reason (as above). SOSR is a potentially fair reason for dismissal and, sorry to say, it does seem to be from what you say that they are going through the motions to say that they 'do not believe that you are suitable' or that there has 'been an irreparable breakdown' in their confidence of you as an employee.

I would suggest that your next move would be to start to list all of your positive attributes and achievements and how your management style (which appears to be at odds with their belief of how a manager should act) had driven positive results. This will at least allow you to argue your case and hopefully persuade the employer that you can be an affective manager - or to be an asset in an alternative role.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!