The One Stop Loan Shop - 08719430417- Unbelievable Harassment!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For the last 4 weeks I've been plagued by nuisance callers.

They call asking for George King, who I have no idea who he is, or its silent.

The silent ones are the worst. I get between 8 and 15 calls a day from 08719430417

who I believe are either One Stop Loan Shop or Little Loans between 9 am and 9 pm.

In all the calls I've had there has only been someone on the other end once which was this morning

and as soon as I started to explain I didn't want their calls he hung up.

But that didn't stop the calls. I've had 8 more today already.

I am registered with the TPS, I have complained to Oftel and ICO but they both seem useless.

I called my landline provider and they suggested I change my number but that's no guarantee that this will stop it.

It may just start again on a new number. And I refuse to be hounded into doing something I shouldn't have to.

Since Monday I have kept a log of all nuisance calls and which number they're from.

I don't pick up withheld or private as a matter of course. 32 calls so far!

I am disabled and can't get about much so the phone is my lifeline. Another reason not to change the number.

I've spoken to the police and they seem very reluctant to do anything. If this was a debt collection agency I'd have them by the short and curlys!

I intend to pursue the police, having done all the legwork and having a log of calls and times. I don't see this as unreasonable.

However... I am pondering as to whether I can get a solicitor involved and sue for harassment?

I may be sick but I'm not stupid and this is causing me distress and I'm actually beginning to feel quite intimidated.

I have just been online and purchased a BT8500.

So have I covered all the bases and should I keep on at the police?

Should I consider a solicitor. I know a local pro bono one.

Advice or opinions please :)

hi, its your own choice to keep on at police, solicitor etc.

my opinion is that it would be difficult to sue for harassment because the cold calling companies could maintain that they purchased a list of numbers from a company who stated you gave permission for calls.

maybe find out exactly who sold your number? find out from the company where they obtained your number? a friend of mine is going through a similar problem, though not as bad as yours.

i think that when your landline number has been given to some shadey company then it is sold on to other companies - difficult to then stop.

interesting to see outcome of this thread!

IMO the fact they are asking for George King is proof enough that I didn't allow my number to be given out or used.

I am super careful about my number due to this happening to me a few years ago.

Then I just changed my number but now it would be difficult because of my health and the people who have it or need it.

Consultants, Occupational therapist, Hospital departments, Psych, friends and family etc. It would be just so much aggro.

I do have faith in the meantime the BT8500 will make a massive difference when it turns up but I do intend to see this through to its conclusion.

Had another 3 calls since my original post :/

Also my other argument is if I called someone 10 times a day and hung up I'd soon be done for harassment.

If it was a debt collector (which it isn't, no debt) they could be done for harassment.

I don't see this as being any different unless there's something I'm simply not aware of.

Trying to make sure of my position before the rozzers arrive.

If they continue to harass, get their registered office details, send them a letter before action for harassment. You WILL win. See harrison vs link to see what i mean.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you. Very interesting reading.

Its all very well people saying "let it go" and "get a call barring phone" but they'll continue to do it to someone else.

Someone has to stand up and be counted sometimes and this has annoyed me so much that this time its me.

I appreciate I'm a small cog in a large wheel but if enough people stand up to them at some point it has to make a difference.

I will continue making my call logs and will await the police.

Subject to what they say will determine my next course of action but either way this is far from over!

Watch this space...

If you could establish who the caller is for sure, then you can make a formal complaint to their head office, then escalate to the Ombudsman if it continues.

You really do need to make contact in writing and force them to respond in the same way. Unless of course you are able to record your calls.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Update so far...

The police turned up at about 10 this morning.

I was explaining what is happening and they rang :)

He asked for the phone and answered the call only to get the usual silent line.

He carried on talking to me and 6 minutes later they called again :)

He again answered the call and got the usual silence.

He called them back from his phone and amazingly they answered!

He said I'm officer ****** from Essex Police and they immediately hung up on him.

We have though, from them answering the call, ascertained the company is The One Stop Loan Shop so I am now sure of who I am dealing with.

The officer took notes of my call logs and will be passing it on the fraud department, although neither of us were convinced at this point its fraud, just hard selling tactics and an autodialler set up. They will be in touch and in the meantime I am to carry on taking call logs.

Next step. Get them to stop calling me.

I have trawled their website and have found their company address, email address, complaints procedure and pretty much all the information I need.

Should I....

Wait for the police to do something?

email them in the first instance to attempt to get me removed from their database?

Write and send a recorded letter to their offices?

Report them to the Financial Ombudsman?

All of the above?

Opinions please?

Did you get a crime number? Now you know for sure who it is, and you have the police as witnesses, it's time to send them a full complaint and a LBA. Make sure you get teh FCA involved too and notify them of everything that has happened, and you are in the process of issuing a LBA. Your court claim and their investigation can go side by side.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I completely agree that this is harassment. I would immediately proceed with a 'letter before action' to their head office, explaining that you will commence a court claim in 14 days if the calls don't stop. You might also wish to demand compensation for the harassment.

The crucial thing is to have a clear record of this - keep a log mentioning the time of each call you receive.

You don't need to use a solicitor. You can easily run a small claim like this yourself.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I have a crime incident number. Got that when I contacted the police in the first place.

I am drafting a letter first.

I have no intention of making any threats.

I shall inform them I have complained to the TPS, Oftel and ICO and the police have been involved.

I will however tell them that if the calls do not cease my next port of call will be the Financial Ombudsman and the FCA.

I'll let them know the police officer took 2 of the calls and rang them back and was hung up on.

I'm going to email it and send a copy registered in the post. Belt and braces.

They've been relatively quiet today. Only 8 calls so far.

Not feeling so stressed about it today now the police seem to be taking it seriously and I have a clear plan of action.

When you send the letter, please make sure it is headed as a full and formal complaint, and also make sure they understand that the letter is a Letter before action.

You can combine the two as long as you make it clear. At the end, make sure you emphasise the phrase " If the instructions/demands contained in this letter are not understood and adhered to within 7-14 days of receipt, i will not hesitate to commence legal actions with no further communication to yourselves".

Then that puts the ball in their court, and they would be VERY stupid to ignore it.

Well, theyve messed up big time, and youve even got a police officer as a witness now. The ONLY thing they can do now to get out of this is offer you a formal apology, compensation and will delete your details from their system. Even then, i'd still complain to the FCA and other regulators.

Something you could add into a letter:

I am also familiar with the following legislation that can assist harassed consumers:

1. Section 40 - Administration of Justice Act 1970

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1970/31/section/40

2. The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2008/9780110811574/contents

3. Section 4A - Public Order Act 1986

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64/section/4A

4. Section 1 & 2 - Malicious Communications Act 1988

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/27/section/1

5. Human Rights Act 1998, Article 8, Right to Privacy

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/schedule/1/part/I/chapter/7

6. Communications Act 2003, Section 127

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

7. Protection from Harassment Act 1997

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/contents

I am now of the opinion that this is now Pure Harassment and also in breach of The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and other legislation listed.

What I require:

1. Confirmation that telephone number (XXXXXXXXXXXXX) has been completely removed from your system/database.

2. Confirmation that my details will not be sold on nor passed onto other companies.

etc etc

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Further information for you on One Stop Loan Shop as the are actually:

Simple Loans Limited

The Hollies 7 Hood Lane

Armitage

Rugeley

Staffordshire

WS15 4BW

Company Number: 03671479

FCA Interim Permission No: 461910

FCA Interim Permission Consumer Credit Register link:

http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.force.com/CS_RegisterSearchPageNew

(In the search box enter the FCA interim permission number above then click search,

when the page comes up just click on the Navigation links for more info)

There Trading Names are:

Home Loans Direct Insurance Services,

Simpleloans Mortgage Services,

Home Loans Direct,

One Stop Loan Shop,

Simple Loans Mortgage Services,

Rapide Loans,

HLD Life,

1st Call Home Loans Direct, .....

.Ist Call Simpleloans Mortgage Services, ................................................

.OO1st Call Home Loans Direct, ......

1st Call Home Loans Direct,

1st Call Simpleloans Mortgage Services,

The Loan Shop UK,

Simple Funding,

HLD Loans

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you so much. Amazing amount of help and information :)

I drafted a letter but after reading the above it needs a little more work and needs to sound more formal. It's not a rant by any stretch of the imagination though but needs work.

I have my kids with me all weekend so I doubt I'll get a chance now to do it properly before Monday (rather put my efforts into them) but as soon as it's done I will copy and paste it on here and ask if you chaps can help put right anything that may be wrong before I send it.

I really do appreciate the help you've given me. I think I have them over a barrel now :)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I sent a letter, factual and concise, and within days the calls ceased. No one since then. No apology but wasn't really expecting one anyway tbh.

I have got the new landline phone active and its doing a good job of blocking everyone else. Check it every day, add a few numbers to the blocked list now and again. Amazing piece of kit!

I'm going to let this drop now. The calls stopped, the phone works and life is peaceful once again :)

Thanks for the advice and helps people :)

Hi,

The calls may have stopped but I suspect that is because their licence to operate lapsed on 31/03/2015.

Don't be too surprised if they have already flogged your details on to some other bottom feeder.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 months later...

Found this thread after a google search for one stop loan shop.

they attempted twice to charge my credit card

Lucky for me the bank stop the attempt and then notified me.

They didnt give a company name when doing the transaction only a phone number 02033070288.

I gave them a little call to see why they were trying to de-fraud me of my hard earned cash.

Safe to say there were not keen to talk to me and kept putting the phone down.

I have completed a fraud report with the police so

I hope that they will look into this bunch.

report it to actionfraud too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...