London Parking Solutions PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a PCN from the above saying I parked in an area designated for commercial vehicles. I am sure I did not spend a minute there as I got out of the car and back in almost immediately and drove off.

I need assistance to dispute this, as it is crazy.

THan you

This sounds like a number plate capture as you have not mentioned a "ticket" being placed on the vehicle.

What date was the "offence" ?

What date did the letter arrive ?

It's a number plate capture (ANPR job).

The cameras may be sited high up on the side of a building.

Can you post up a photo of the sign ?

Also is there a sign at the entrance readable from the drivers seat of your vehicle ?

Do not make any contact with the parkig co.

Wait for further advice.

I have visited the location again and taken some pictures. I have been advised that they have someone hiding in a parked care taking pictures. I have attached the pictures taken.

Thanks

It's a number plate capture (ANPR job).

The cameras may be sited high up on the side of a building.

Can you post up a photo of the sign ?

Also is there a sign at the entrance readable from the drivers seat of your vehicle ?

Do not make any contact with the parkig co.

Wait for further advice.

Hi,

Than you for your interest in providing assistance in this regards, I have posted the information requested. Thanks again

Hi fayotami,

The letter from the parking co. (PPC) is too small to read (convert to pdf).

As said many times previously " I don't do the Legal bit". ...................

Just wanted to get the "Contract" up loaded so you can be advised as to you next "move".

You need to reload the letter in pdf format so the "Legal Crew" can advise you.

Best of luck.

Looking at the photos of the site. ...........

Signage would appear to be an issue. ...

Readable from the drivers seat ..... 8 or 9 feet from the ground and allowing for the font size.

Me thinks not but other CAGGERS will advise

The wording of the sign is confusing and contradictory and also refers to another document that is not available to the person considering the offer.

So, this means that sign is not a contract but an "invitation to treat" and no contract formed as you didnt email them for a copy of the actual contract.

Secondly the wording is too confusing to be considered so again no contract formed as no consideration of the offered terms could take place.

They are IPC members so they arent going to take any notice of your appeal anyway but you should appeal to them as keeper and not driver by saying that "the driver informs me that....." etc

They then have 35 days to consider your appeal and either accept it or reject and tell you how to appeal to the "independent" adjudicator. As this is the IAS there is no independence and the respnse you will get will be utter cobblers but their errors in law in finding for the parking Co usually kills any chance of them making a claim against you so it is no bad thing in the long run.

The wording of the sign is confusing and contradictory and also refers to another document that is not available to the person considering the offer.

So, this means that sign is not a contract but an "invitation to treat" and no contract formed as you didnt email them for a copy of the actual contract.

Secondly the wording is too confusing to be considered so again no contract formed as no consideration of the offered terms could take place.

They are IPC members so they arent going to take any notice of your appeal anyway but you should appeal to them as keeper and not driver by saying that "the driver informs me that....." etc

They then have 35 days to consider your appeal and either accept it or reject and tell you how to appeal to the "independent" adjudicator. As this is the IAS there is no independence and the respnse you will get will be utter cobblers but their errors in law in finding for the parking Co usually kills any chance of them making a claim against you so it is no bad thing in the long run.

Thank you for your response, any template I can use?

Regards

Well the NTK is not compliant with schedule 4 of POFA 2012 so there is no keeper liability.

There is no period of parking specified that the charge must relate to. The driver has to have time to read the signage and then act on what they read.

The NTK states 'breach of terms and conditions' as well, so the charge must be a genuine pre estimate of loss suffered by the land owner that the breach has caused. £100? £60? I don't think so...

But as has been already said. LPS are members of the IPC and use the 'kangaroo court' IAS for second stage appeals , so it will probably not get cancelled, but you will certainly not have to pay the [ problem ] any money...

I/we will draft something for you to write over the weekend...

Well the NTK is not compliant with schedule 4 of POFA 2012 so there is no keeper liability.

There is no period of parking specified that the charge must relate to. The driver has to have time to read the signage and then act on what they read.

The NTK states 'breach of terms and conditions' as well, so the charge must be a genuine pre estimate of loss suffered by the land owner that the breach has caused. £100? £60? I don't think so...

But as has been already said. LPS are members of the IPC and use the 'kangaroo court' IAS for second stage appeals , so it will probably not get cancelled, but you will certainly not have to pay the [ problem ] any money...

I/we will draft something for you to write over the weekend...

Thank you, still waiting on you for the draft.

Many thanks

As registered keeper of vehicle reg.xxx xxx I have received your invoice ref no. xxx xxx.

The Notice To Registered Keeper you have sent me is not compliant with schedule 4 of the Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012.

As registered keeper I wish to make it clear that I am not liable for this charge.

The Notice To Registered Keeper states that the charge is for ' breach of the terms and conditions ', which means that the £100 being asked for, must be a genuine pre estimate of loss suffered by the landowner due to the drivers actions.

There has been no loss of £100 to the landowner or their agent.

I am under no obligation to name the driver at the time of the event and will not be doing so.

I expect , by return of post, to receive confirmation that this charge against myself as registered keeper has been cancelled.

(Print name)

Get free proof of postage from the post office with anything sent to a PPC.

They will probably not cancel the charge but come back with their reply.

Sorry for the delay...

• 3 weeks later...

they are IPC members so they know that your appeal to the IAS will be a waste of time.

I would now let them chase you, they probably wont be keen on going down the legal route so if you choose to ignore them expect a few letters from Debt Collection Agencies, particularly one from the same address as they appeal rejection letter.

As has been pointed out they dont have a leg to stand on legally if they try and claim keeper liability so if you do get a letter headed LBA then tell them this and invite them to show "strict proof" of their claim.