style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hold on,.. just made the link... you are also the person whose wife edited his fit note?

You do need to tell us the whole story, or we won't be able to give proper advice. Did the doctor make an error also, or what?

Can this not be easily fixed by boss talking to GP, or is something else going on?

You're right, Emmzzi, I just merged the threads to keep the information together. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 weeks later...

Easy to solve from the GP point of view, obtain a brief summary of your records (speak to the receptionists / practice manager) and the dates added on those forms ought to be embedded in your medical records, you could also ask for a letter to confirm the error on the part of the practice to absolve you of responsibility.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

have done that! contacted gps and asked for a letter stating the dates and that my wife admitted adding the dates to several gps in the practice before this came to notice off my employer .My wife phoned the gps on 3 times spoke to two gps and submitted a letter stating that she didnt know how to fill in fit notes and thought the dates needed to be added and also because off the error on the doctors part thought even more to add dates !

and what has happened now? If you can be more forthcoming maybe we can work out how to help.....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It appears so if you want us to play guess the answer.

I'm sorry but with a hefty dose of manflu and nearly 2 decades of experience in representing people when someone drip feeds you snippets of info you leave them to their own demise.

You need to answer the questions posed, i've read this thread multiple times and am still yet to be clear on the time you took off

1. Are you being accused of altering your sick note and taking more time off than the doctor intended
  2. Or are you being accused of taking the time off your doctor actually meant but altering your sick note
  3. Or have you taken more time off than you should have due to your wife altering the note

These seem to be the only 3 options from picking apart what i could, if i'm correct then unless it's number 2 i see you being at your employers mercy.

My curtness is not due to being an asshat but because unless you get your act together and actually post some detailed information around exactly what has happened, even if you have committed something stupid be that you or your wife are responsible for nobody can help you.

• Haha 1

i went sick am still sick and my wife altered my sick line !

i went sick on the 12/02/15 send in company self cert and attended dr same day and got fit note dr dated line for 12/12/15 and i gave both to wife asking her to drop into work

she being a from a country outside EU ( mexico ) thought dates had to be added and did so she assumed the fit note was for following week and put these dates in . Its company policy to send in both forms i didnt know what she had done until following week ,

went i went to dr to get back dated fit note and further fit note to cover me for several more weeks work had written to dr to confirm fit note details as dr had dated fit note 12/12/15 some 10 months in advance and my wifes hand writing was different from drs now charged with fraud stil sick handing in fit notes

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Atlas's request to state which of the 3 options you are accused of seemed really clear to me.

I am sorry, but I am out of patience with you not giving us enough information to help you. I wish you luck for Tuesday but there is nothing I can add.

• Haha 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

i would say it comes under no2 im still being treated for same illness same condition on fit notes and still being issued with fit note just that gap in dates approx 4 days including weekend and i always have problems getting dr appointments so have to wait and request back dated fit notes

i would say it comes under no2 im still being treated for same illness same condition on fit notes and still being issued with fit note just that gap in dates approx 4 days including weekend and i always have problems getting dr appointments so have to wait and request back dated fit notes

Hello there.

I'm not sure what you mean about coming under no2.

As I understand it, your fit notes should 'join up' so that the dates run into each other and there are no gaps. If you think there will be a gap, you need to arrange a doctor's appointment in time to get a fit note that starts on the right date. There are lots of posts in the benefits forum on CAG that cover this.

I still don't understand why your fit note is dated December 2015 but you still need to provide further fit notes before that date.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hello, you have answered Atlas question - You agree that you are accused of taking the time off your doctor actually meant but altering your sick note.

If you have taken the time off as directed by your doctor on the fit note then I would hope your employers would see this as a simple mistake. You nor your wife altered the fit note with the intention of defrauding your employer by taking additional time off work.

Your GP made an error in writing the dates on the fit note and it would seem that your wife tried to correct such error?

You say that you will contact your GP receptionist and ask about this. It is my guess that since your GP does not print out fit notes from their computer and writes them by hand, then it may be difficult for the receptionist to access the records? I had thought that most GPs now use a computer to print out fit notes since it is a lot easier, especially in cases like yours where a duplicate / check needs to be made on the original. Although, they can still be handwritten. But in your case, it shows why computer generated fit notes are better since it is less likely an error be made in writing the dates.

There are people trying to help you here, but, as they have said, you are feeding information in dribs and drabs. Maybe it wold be better for you to make a summary of events in bullet point order so that others may help you in this?

• 2 weeks later...

dismissed on thursday ,total confusion over the procedure used by employer ,trade union rep thinks that my employer broke their own rules set down in companies procedure book .wasnt able to enter mitigating reasons and the document s supplied and my statements at investigation meeting were missing alot off details i feel as well as union rep it was a set up

Then appeal and let your rep take the reigns if he's good enough

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

: (Unfit) notes:

For clarification, here's the guidance to general practitioners;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fit-note-guidance-for-gps

Page 10 is an example of a fit note.

Page 19 explains when an (unfit) note can be backdated. And that it can't be postdated, although in some circumstances, one can be issued for an indefinite period from the date of signing.

Claimants of employment n support allowance can ask for their claim to be backdated for up to three months without giving a reason for the delayed claim. But they should give a date from which they believe they were entitled to ESA and why.

Margaret.