Charged for brake parts but never replaced!

im4347
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was charged for Brake discs as i already had the brake pads warranty, i paid on completion of the work. I then went to another independent garage for other work on my car which needed doing. It was at this point the independent garage bought to my attention that my brake discs and pads needed replacing too!! After informing them that I had just had them done recently, they told me that my discs looked a couple of years old and most likely they had been 'skimmed' on the outside to look new, but the inside are heavily corroded.

To cut a long story short, i have been through their complaints procedure and since have taken my car for inspection at another Kwik Fit Garage which they arranged and are sticking by the fact that they did replace with new discs and pads.

The independent garage have given me a letter to confirm the state of my discs and that they were never replaced recently.

I have been in touch with CAB who have sent off my complaint to Trading Standards to investigate.

Any advice or help would be highly appreciated.

regards,

IM

Now see, me personally... I would take it to another branch of Kwik Fit and have them check the brakes.

It they say that you need new pads/discs get them to give you a written quote. Then take this back to the original branch and ram it up the branch managers (let's go with) nose.

You'll of course, also have a copy of it for your complaint to trading standards and their head office.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

It they say that you need new pads/discs get them to give you a written quote.

Also get them to measure the thickness of the discs with a vernier or micrometer and record it in the written quote. You can then compare the measured thickness against a new disc as well as the wear limits given by the car manufacturer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Classic trick.

Personally I have to take my other car for service to the dealer to retain the warranty.

I will mark all consumables with a small dot of dark green paint (that's the colour I've got) and take pictures.

I will avoid answering the phone after I have left the car there as i know that they call you and say that a lot of things (incidentally not under warranty) need replacing.

Also will take pictures of all working lights because for some strange magnetic phenomena when you leave your car to the dealer at least a couple of bulbs blow and your battery goes flat.

Pleasure of motoring!