EE Using false names from correspondence department

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I have a long ongoing battle with EE which I have issued a small claims action for.

To cut a long story short, I only got a response from them after calls, Emails, letters sent recorded, Email to CEO and finally an LBA.

That worked and I got two letters from the correspondence department. The trouble was when I spoke to their head office switchboard the lady I spoke to was quite embarressed as she went through to the department with the two names that were on the letters, but came back and told me that no one of those names worked in that department!

I have been searching around and I have come across a couple of other people on other sites say that this is another one of EE ruses - fake people to send out generic letters to make it seem like they are taking an interest in your issue!

I was trying to find out if any CAGgers have had experience with this being done by EE as I believe this is reprehensible and hopefully I will mention this during a small claims or mediation hearing (should it get that far - They sent a court bundle on the flimsiest 12 points I had come across - I ripped all their points apart which I was quite proud of!) as I know this sort of behaviour from a company is frowned upon.

Companies who offer appalling service need to be taken down a peg or five!

Anyway, thank you for reading this.

Regards

Rob

Edited by citizenB

I think quite a few of the larger companies use "made up" names :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

People in 'low level' customer facing roles - call centres, correspondence centres, etc. often use pseudonyms, for their own privacy as more and more people get named online when they are just doing their job, or even get looked up on social media. If you spoke to somebody in the relevant department they would know exactly who the pseudonym related to, but it is unlikely a head office switchboard would know this level of detail.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thank you for the replies.

One point Barracad is that the head office switchboard went through to the correspondence department as they were the ones who sent me the letters and so I asked to speak to the people whose names were on them. It was the switchboard operator who said she would go through to the correspondence department to try and find the persons who had sent them, but came back after a few minutes of me being on hold and said that the she spoke to the department who had told her that they had nobody of those names working there. Therefore the department who issued the letters were unable/unwilling to identify who had sent the letters to me so I could not be able to liase with them. Using psuedonyms is acceptable to me as I appreciate the implications for the staff as long as there was a real person behind the name, not a made up non existant computer generated letter with a made up name to correspond with customers.

I went through the head office switchboard as I thought I would try another route as the whole issue had gone to far with EE and I thought I would try and speak direct to the people who had sent me the letters after getting p***sed off never once receiving a call back and being on hold for ages and no response to any other communications I had sent previously.

I thought an LBA would stir them and thought now their correspondence department had replied I had started to get somewhere with them but alas, more lies, smoke and mirrors from the most incompetent of the incompetent (alongside Post Office Homephone and Broadband/Openreach) so I appreciate all feedback here and will be interested in all replies.

Many, many regards

Rob

• 2 months later...