PCN issued by euro car parks Bishop Centre Taplow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

this is my tale of woe.

Went to Bishop Centre Taplow.

21 Feb15 in the evening.

Received yesterday (02Mar15) a parking charge notice from euro car parks.

They were using cameras to capture entering and leaving times.

My stay exceeded the 3 hr free parking time stay.

I have been told according to the letter that under schedule 4 of the protections of freedoms Act 2012

they have the right to recover from the registered keeper so much that amount that remains unpaid.

Needless to say I don't want to pay the £75 or even the 'considerate' 14 day discount of £45.

There are signs in the car park which state the 3 hr free stay so do I really have any possibility of avoiding this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

kev

ECP are a bit of a pushover to beat as they tend to push the boundaries of the rules by doing silly things like charging you a surcharge to pay one of their invoices. Naughty naughty.

Anyway, if you've had the Notice to Keeper, appeal it as the keeper of the vehicle, don't mention the driver at all.

Make up any reason you like, in fact, the dafter the better. "I couldn't leave the carpark as I'd been abducted by aliens" is my personal favourite.

999 times out of 1000 they'll reject your appeal anyway, so whatever you write isn't all that important. The only point that you must make in your appeal is... "If you reject this appeal, please issue me with a valid and correctly issued POPLA code".

Once they've issued, and you've got your POPLA code, then you can submit a proper appeal based on all of the usual grounds and beat them at POPLA. The added bonus of which is it costs ECP £27 for the privilege owned.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Wow thank you very much for your quick reply.

I do have the "On the 21/02/15 you were the registered keeper of the vehicle:... Or you have been named by the registered keeper as the driver when there was a breach of terms and conditions of parking" quote on my paperwork.

So what kind of wording should i use in the appeal letter as the keeper?

ECP are a bit of a pushover to beat as they tend to push the boundaries of the rules by doing silly things like charging you a surcharge to pay one of their invoices. Naughty naughty.

Anyway, if you've had the Notice to Keeper, appeal it as the keeper of the vehicle, don't mention the driver at all.

Make up any reason you like, in fact, the dafter the better. "I couldn't leave the carpark as I'd been abducted by aliens" is my personal favourite.

999 times out of 1000 they'll reject your appeal anyway, so whatever you write isn't all that important. The only point that you must make in your appeal is... "If you reject this appeal, please issue me with a valid and correctly issued POPLA code".

Once they've issued, and you've got your POPLA code, then you can submit a proper appeal based on all of the usual grounds and beat them at POPLA. The added bonus of which is it costs ECP £27 for the privilege owned.gif

Something along the lines of....

Dear Euro Car Parks

As keeper of the vehicle, registration XXXX XXX, I have received your invoice number xxxxxx.

The driver at the time tells me that XYZ and that they are therefore not liable to pay you any money.

Therefore I ask that you allow this appeal on those grounds.

If you reject this appeal, please issue me with a valid POPLA code.

Yours

Recorded Keeper.

Just a few simple lines will do for now, there's really no point in wasting too much effort on an appeal to a PPC. It's the POPLA appeal that's important, and you can't do that until you have your POPLA code from the Private Parking Clowns.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Ok i will be doing this tonight on their website.

Something along the lines of....

Dear Euro Car Parks

As keeper of the vehicle, registration XXXX XXX, I have received your invoice number xxxxxx.

The driver at the time tells me that XYZ and that they are therefore not liable to pay you any money.

Therefore I ask that you allow this appeal on those grounds.

If you reject this appeal, please issue me with a valid POPLA code.

Yours

Recorded Keeper.

Just a few simple lines will do for now, there's really no point in wasting too much effort on an appeal to a PPC. It's the POPLA appeal that's important, and you can't do that until you have your POPLA code from the Private Parking Clowns.

Too late now, but all appeals should be sent as the Registered Keeper not the keeper.

The invoice was sent to the RK not the keeper.

This allows an extra layer of protection to the RK as the POFA 2012 allows keeper liability not RK liability...

They may be the same person, but they may not...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

received a reply from PCN saying that I should provide a receipt from the restaurant apperently I should have asked the staff to exempt my car staying if staying over the maximum stay. Any thoughts on this development? Oh and they have not sent me any POPLA code yet.

Kev

Oh really....

It's not for you to prove that you were there, but for ECP to prove that you weren't. How, for instance, were you to know that you were supposed to make enquiries of the restaurant staff to 'exempt' your vehicle? Especially if you weren't the driver and may not have even been there. whistle.gif

I personally would reply along the lines of...

Dear Euro Car Prats.

The driver informs me that they were indeed in the XXXX restaurant and I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve them. Unless you have proof to the contrary?

(if the following is true)... I am told that there were no signs visible on the evening in question that would lead anyone to believe that they should approach members of staff (in the restaurant or elsewhere) to have a vehicle exempted from your over inflated charges for parking. Unless you can show otherwise?

For the second time of asking, cancel this charge notice or if you reject this challenge, send me a valid and correctly issued POPLA code by return.

Registered Keeper