Getting caught stealing from asda but no action taken?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

today I got caught stealing from Asda but no action was taken.

The guard saw me through CCTV and stopped me near the door,

asked me to remove my bag and took the box of Pringles out of it.

He didn't question me or ask for any ID he just told me to leave.

1. I know it's a very stupid thing what I have done

2. Will they take the picture of me to my college meaning I will eventually be expelled

3. Will they get the police involved?

I've got this guilty feeling in my stomach and I'm actually scared of being expelled from college.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the RLP and shoplifting forum, where the guys will be able to advise. I'll leave you a link to follow from here.

My best, HB

Thank you

Nothings going to happen. You alreayd know that. The guard already told you to leave. You did, its over with. The police certainly wont get involved now. The shop had their chance, and the guard would look very stupid wasting police time over a £2 tube of crisps.

As for college, how do they even know who you are, that you even go to college, or even which college you go to? They dont.

Stop worrying, stop shoplifting and get on with your life.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

today I got caught stealing from Asda but no action was taken.

The guard saw me through CCTV and stopped me near the door,

asked me to remove my bag and took the box of Pringles out of it.

He didn't question me or ask for any ID he just told me to leave.

1. I know it's a very stupid thing what I have done

2. Will they take the picture of me to my college meaning I will eventually be expelled - no

3. Will they get the police involved? - no

I've got this guilty feeling in my stomach and I'm actually scared of being expelled from college.

thankfully you found a guard with a bit of sense!

there no need to involve the police or RLP

you did something stupid

you got caught

no details were taken so that's the end of it.

just don't do it again!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thankfully you found a guard with a bit of sense!

there no need to involve the police or RLP

you did something stupid

you got caught

no details were taken so that's the end of it.

just don't do it again!

dx

Thank god, now I can sleep with peace. Cheers

Nothings going to happen. You alreayd know that. The guard already told you to leave. You did, its over with. The police certainly wont get involved now. The shop had their chance, and the guard would look very stupid wasting police time over a £2 tube of crisps.

As for college, how do they even know who you are, that you even go to college, or even which college you go to? They dont.

Stop worrying, stop shoplifting and get on with your life.

My college is near the Asda so I thought that they may have had to show the college the picture of me

My college is near the Asda so I thought that they may have had to show the college the picture of me

They won't! For one they don't know your details or even whether you attend the college, and secondly you have signed no waiver of your rights under the Data Protection Act. An image of you could be retained in store from CCTV, but only for authorised personnel and certainly not for circulation outside of Asda.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Just make sure you dont shoplift again. If you are caught again, and the police do get called, the last thing you would worry about would be your college as a criminal record would affect much more.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This is good news all around as far as you are concerned. The security guard used their discretion to recover the shop's property, got a good look at you so they know to keep an eye out should you want to return there and no other action taken so you get a chance to cerry on with your life with just a fright to remind you that taking other people's property has consequences.

Asda are not obliged to share their information with anyone and may well break the law if they do. Your shame is all yours and no-one else's so learn from it but dont fret about it..