3 mobile old " debt " and Bryan Carter Solictors letter***Recalled and Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Been a part of this excellent forum for a long time and it helped me greatly with an issue I had few years ago.

My problem is a letter this morning Bryan Carter Solicitors regarding a debit of £162.61 for an old 3 mobile account

The letter states that, “ should I fail to respond to this letter within 14 days a claim will be issued against you”.

I'm not sure if this is some kind of bluff or not.

This debt has a default against me which was issued on 12/10/09

I do normally pay my debts but on this occasion I feel I don't owe them anything as they breached their contract with me.

I had a phone 3 mobile which worked fine at my home, the only network I could get a signal from.

I ordered another phone for my wife which just wouldn't work at home.

After months of ringing them they finally admitted that their signal was “piggy backing” on the O2 network

and that agreement had ended on the new phone sim.

I was in the position of having two phones which one had a signal and the other one didn't on identical contracts.

They agreed to cancel the contract on my new phone because of this issue and I kept my old phone which still worked.

A few months later this phone also stopped working at my home so

I rang them again only to be told the O2 “piggy back” agreement has also now ended now on this phone.

I demanded the contract was cancelled because they were in breech by taking my mobile signal away from me.

they refused to cancel the contract and I refused to pay so here we are today.

I know this account is very close to statue barred and during this time I've always refused to knowledge the debt for the reasons above with lowel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

BC issue claims like confetti.

Try emailing; [email protected]

He is the exec. A lot of people that email him these days are getting results. I have also seen the exact same thing happen with BC and 3 on another post somewhere.

Dont beat around the bush. Also drop Uncle Bryan an email etc telling him you are discussing this with 3 direct and to put the account on hold.

Im guessing Lowell have bought this? H3G are owning up to past mistakes...

If BC issue a claim, it stops the SB clock dead

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for your reply. You are also correct that Lowell have bought the debt

I'll definitely follow your advice and get it done tonight.

I don't understand why they have left it this late to tighten the thumb screws though? Just another few months then it would have been SB, having said that it could still be, because I'm not sure what date the last payment was made on.

Worse case scenario I still think I can put up a good case what do you think? I previously have been with 3 mobile for years and never missed a payment

because they can claim 6yr sof interest on it!

read the letter carefully

I bet it does not say WILL anywhere.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

" We have been instructed by Fredrickson International on behalf of our client Lowell regarding your 3 mobile account"

Eh what? Who?

" Should you fail to respond to this letter within 14days a claim WILL be issued against you without further notice "

" Non payment of debt following claim MAY result in a CCJ "

I will contact 3 mobile but I doubt they will be bothered after all this time as the debt has now been sold. Looks like I might have a fight on my hands

What % chance do you think this has of going to court if 3 don't respond?

They will! Normally next day as first contact... Just get that email sent off today!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you I have read that post and it's very interesting.

here is my email to Three,

Dear Sir,

I am contacting you regarding an old Three mobile “debt” I have been made aware of by Bryan Carter Solicitors.

In 2008/2009 I ordered a Phone from you for my wife which wouldn't work at my home despite my own Phone working perfectly correctly. Over the following months I contacted Three on numerous occasions as why this was happening but they couldn't give me an answer.

After around four months Three finally admitted that the reason I couldn't get a signal on the phone is because the network used to piggy back on O2 but that contract had now ended with them. Three agreed to end the contract so I returned the phone in good faith.

A few months later my working phone suddenly stopped receiving a signal at my home. I again contacted Three and they told me again the contract with O2 has ended with this phone and I could no longer piggy back on the network. I asked for the contract to be terminated because I needed a phone that would work at home to which they refused to do

Until that point I had an excellent relationship with Three and had been with them for many years with a faultless payment record.

I felt justified in not paying for a service which I wasn't receiving, through no fault of my own, that was previously working.

So now I'm being chased for the sum of £162.61 which I feel I do not owe.

I would appreciate your comments on this matter and the possibility of the action being stopped against me

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've told them how it is and if I don't get any joy I will use the other example thread to send them a much stronger message

Edited by scoops007

Well thank you again everybody for your great advice :)

Had this Email through today so we will see how it goes and I'll post an update tomorrow.

Your Personal Case Reference

Thank you for your email letting us know about the problem you’ve had. I’ve asked my team to investigate it and have the matter resolved for you.

This has been assigned to a member of the team to review the issues you have had and to contact you to seek to resolve the matter no later than 5:30pm tomorrow.

If you want to contact us simply reply to this email or you can give my team a call on 0800 358 9042. Our office hours are 9am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.

In the meantime, please be assured that we will be seeking to resolve your issue as a matter of urgency.

Regards

Steven Cocker

Head of Executive Office Operations

Sounds positive scoops....keep us updated with what transpires.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No worries I will. I'll follow it through until the end like my last problem on here whatever happens. I really hate it when people don't finish threads. People learn, as I have done, from this forum and if it can also help anybody else then great!

Thanks for your email

Since this email address isn’t registered with us on the account, before I can reply with specifics, I’ll need you to confirm some security details.

Please get back to me with the full postal address on the account, your date of birth and phone number. I can then add this email address to the account and respond in full.

If you’d prefer to call the Executive Office, our number is 0800 358 9042 and we’re open from 9am until 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Luke McKeown

Three Executive Office

Thanks for your email and for confirming the security information I asked for.

On checking, I can see that you did indeed report issues with the signal back in June 2009. Our technical team investigated this and tried to contact you a few times, to explain there were coverage problems at your address, which couldn’t be resolved within an suitable timescale. As such, we would’ve been able to close the account without penalty, but because they couldn’t contact you, no action was taken and the account stayed open, with charges continuing.

To bring this to a close, I’ve recalled your details from Lowell and cleared the balance in full, so you won’t be contacted again about this closed account.

I’m very sorry for the confusion caused, but if you’ve any more questions, please call me at the Executive Office on 0800 358 9042. We’re open from 9am until 6.30pm, Monday to Friday. Or, simply reply to this email.

*If you’d like to let us know about your experience dealing with our Executive Office, please complete our short survey at: www.three.co.uk/EOFeedback

Thanks

Luke McKeown

Three Executive Office

Well what can I say other thanks to everybody especially fkofilee . I wasn't expecting it to be that easy.

I'm still a bit miffed that they say they couldn't contact me (well I didn't have a signal doh!) even though they had my Address and Landline number so that is a bit of a porky pie. Still, I'm pleased it has been sorted out so quickly just a shame I didn't do it earlier. The Default is due off in November so not much point chasing them over that. My Credit profile will be squeaky clean then :)

So thanks again all and I hope other people will find this thread useful

Excellent...thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Andy

What a result scoops007 !

What are they going to do with your credit file? Are they just going to mark it as settled or wipe it out completely?

You might need to check with them.

Thanks

Dot

Default comes off in November so i'm not really fussed now. Vey annoyed I've had my credit rating trashed for the last 5.5 years though for no reason other their incompetence

Maybe it's half my fault should have sorted it earlier

Finial Update

Sent an Email to 3 over the weekend about the default after having a re think. They rang me this morning to confirm the default will also be removed within 30 days!

Thanks all

Finial Update

Sent an Email to 3 over the weekend about the default after having a re think. They rang me this morning to confirm the default will also be removed within 30 days!

Thanks all

Good to hear that you followed it up. Just keep an eye on it to make sure that they keep their promise to remove it.

Well done.

Dot