didn't read sign - PCN for not displaying blue badge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some advice on something with regards to having to display signs within a car park.

My mum went to the local co-op on a Sunday evening around half 4.

There is a car park at the side of the co-op which is free to park and thought it was the co-ops car park.

She is a disabled badge holder and now in hindsight she should have put them on the dash but as she didn't realise it's a council car park

and clearly being well out on the outskirts of town a traffic warden shouldn't even be around that area as it's nowhere near anything.

So she entered the car park and parked in a blue badge holders only bay.

She went in for some shopping came out ten minutes later to find a ticket on the car for not displaying the badges.

She appealed saying firstly that it didn't state that she had to display the badges as there is no signs or terms and conditions for the car park,

she also sent them copies of her badges her car details showing the car is registered disabled to,

they replied saying on the other entrance to the car park that there are terms and conditions on the car park laying out the laws.

She told them that there was no sign on the entrance that she always uses

they say that she should have gone and looked around the other entrance which is not near where the co-op is

and being disabled shouldn't have to go walking and looking around a car park.

Is there anything she can do and

do they need to show signs on all entrances to a car park

or should my mum gone walking all around to find if there are any terms and conditions for a car park.

Thanks.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

she also sent them copies of her badges her car details showing the car is registered disabled to, which they replied saying on the other entrance to the car park that there are terms and conditions on the car park laying out the laws. She told them that there was no sign on the entrance that she always uses but they say that she should have gone and looked around the other entrance which is not near where the co-op is and being disabled shouldn't have to go walking and looking around a car park.

Who is 'them'? Is it a private parking firm, the co-op, or a local council?

The local council. Sorry thought I said.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

My hunch is that every entrance would need to be signed - for logical reasons - but I'm not sure what the law says. Someone else may be able to advise on this, but meantime, can you tell us the exact location? It might hinge on where this other sign is, and whether it can be read from inside the car park, without going back out through the entrance. If that's the case, and it's near that entrance but facing into the car park itself, then they might be covered. If you give us the location, we can check on Google.

The sign is on the outside of the car park facing the road. The postcode is BL3 5QU

If it's the car park next to Hulton Lane, then Google Maps isn't much help. It doesn't show a sign, and I can't see any disabled bays either, for that matter. It must be out of date.

Looking at the road layout, you can definitely get to the parking area two different ways, so the lack of signs coming in from one of them would seem to me to be an issue. There aren't any signs inside the car park? I suspect the signage is inadequate but as I said, I'm not certain. Hopefully someone else can help.

Is anyone able to help with what to do or if the law states that signage should be on all entrances to a car park and you shouldn't have to go looking for signs.