Eviction Next Week

kendaniels1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a suspended order on mortgage arrears. I have kept paying as per the order for the last year reducing the arrears from £22000 in December 2013 to £16100 today. I missed a payment in December when I was ill and could work now the mortgage company has got an eviction date

the order has been suspended 8 times but this is the first time I have been able to reduce the arrears

Hi, when you say the order has been suspended 8 times, do you mean you have had eviction notices before and applied to the court to have it stopped?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, when you say the order has been suspended 8 times, do you mean you have had eviction notices before and applied to the court to have it stopped?

Yes I have had issues from getting treatment for cancer and family bereavement but for the last year I have managed to pay montly payment plus and additional £500 towards the arrears

Hi, did you contact them when you missed a payment to explain why?

Also, have you applied to the court again for a hearing to stop the eviction next week ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Have you applied to the court for a hearing ?

If you sent them a letter do you have a copy? any documentation from the field agent ?

Hi, did Shelter advise you quote the Norgan case law in your N244 statement?

Also, did you write to the lender and if so do you have a copy of the letter?

OK, did you affix a budget sheet and a copy of the letter to the N244 ?

I think, given that you have reduced the arrears since the last hearing and have a good reason for missing one payment, you should be OK. The judge will see that you have made an effort to comply with the previous order.

Who is the lender ?

Slightly off topic but is there any information available, on an anonymous basis on the situation of those who have suffered evictions?

Obviously some lenders press for eviction at every opportunity, I presume others are more understanding? But while it seems that Judges are very disinclined to evict people 21,000 homes were repossessed last year (although that includes buy to let for which I presume judges are less sympathetic) and it would be useful information to know what tipped the balance.

I have faced as many evictions as this poster and I have never been more than £4,800 in arrears. I am now down to a tiny bit over two months, and about 1.5% of the balance but they are still threatening, even though I would not even feature on the Government stats for arrears now.

Are the people losing their homes victims of aggressive lenders - do judges have time to assess the case or eventually run out of patience? I was mindful last time of the lender's 'rent a solicitor' pointing out how many evictions had been tried before - implying I was a dreadful borrower. Fortunately I had a chance to point out that the amount had been going down all the time - just not as fast as the lender would like!

I think a lot of the stats on homes repossessed reflect those where the borrower didn't turn up at court for the possession hearing or handed the keys in and walked away :(