Universal Credit national expansion – Tranche two

mikeymack2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come my local authority is not listed in any list? My authority is Wirral ?

the list is based upon name of jobcentre not name of local authority

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

my apologies, the rollout is based upon jobcentre rather than local authority

i see the list on front page offers both, however uc was rolled out to northwest in previous tranche

the list of jobcentres are here

https://www.gov.uk/jobcentres-where-you-can-claim-universal-credit

not sure which jobcentre(s) cover the wirral

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I will try to find the link again later; but I seem to remember reading on the CAB website that there will be no disability premiums within what replaces working tax credits. Does this mean that if you're able to work and disabled, you would be expected to work 35 hours a week?

Does this mean that if you're able to work and disabled, you would be expected to work 35 hours a week? nothing would surprise me with this government as they don't seem to have any morals or respect for anybody even themselves and that's just my opinion.

Does this mean that if you're able to work and disabled, you would be expected to work 35 hours a week? nothing would surprise me with this government as they don't seem to have any morals or respect for anybody even themselves and that's just my opinion.

Although you maybe able to work and be disabled you may only be able to work for a few hours a day/week due to your disabilities. You may also be able to work with some support from your new employer but your medical condition could get worse/better if the former who is responsible should your condition deteriorate whilst at work, or because you were told to work? DWP/employer?

What if you had a relapse due to having to look/work

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

The hype about having to pay own housing benefit is actually nothing new for most people in the private sector anyway, I get paid my HB to my bank and my rent is taken out my bank, this is how the vast majority of claimants do it as well.

My council isn't listed but some areas close to me are, the list is odd as it all seems scattered around the country as if they were drawn out of a hat, I feel for those who lost the postcode lottery.

The main concerns for some claimants being given the total benefits could cause some major issues, like not paying the rent and using it for other things.

But, if some claimants have financial worries there will be the option for them to have the rent part paid directly as it is now.

As the title states this is only part 2 the rest will follow this year by early next year early all JC's being covered by spring 2017. So watch this space

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Guidance:

Jobcentre areas where you can claim Universal Credit

See here for new changes that came in to effect from the 02/03/2015 see below

https://www.gov.uk/jobcentres-where-you-can-claim-universal-credit

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
"• all claimant types in a limited postcode area in London to test the enhanced Digital Service."

For people living in Sutton and Croydon postcode areas now need to apply online with the new Universal Credit digital service.

The areas affected are: SM5 2**, SM6 7**, SM6 8**, SM6 9**, and CR0 4**.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 4 months later...

Tranches 3-4 listed already so if you wish to catch up on these please see below

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/453657/universal-credit-national-expansion-tranche-three-and-four.pdf

The Commencement Order for Tranches Three and Four can be accessed here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/1537/contents/made

The lists below provide the detail of when the remaining Jobcentre areas and local authorities will go live with Universal Credit during Tranche Three (September – November 2015 and Tranche Four (December 2015 – April 2016).

As with Tranches One and Two, this roll out of Universal Credit will only be for new claims from single people, who would otherwise have been eligible for Jobseeker’s Allowance, including those with existing Housing Benefit and Working Tax Credit claims.

This list can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/453657/universal-credit-national-expansion-tranche-three-and-four.pdf

Universal Credit monthly experimental official statistics to 29th October 2015

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/474720/universal-credit-statistics-to-29-oct-2015.pdf

Edited by citizenB
reduced huge font size

Seems I'm possibly affected from January. :( Or is it still JSA claimants? I did have a visit from the housing officer 2 months after moving in and the subject of UC did come up. My HB is currently paid directly and he did say I'll have to pay it myself, which given the supposed issues of last week, may not be that much of an issue.

A quick call to your local JC may be the right way to go to get your answer. Don't forget that your 1st payment is up to 7 weeks after the last benefits payment is made. But there is a way for you to get an advance payment if you have a look at the links in the last post I made.

You can still have payments made directly if you fall in to a particular group. Again this is in the link provided. Not only that those that get tax credits could be hit even harder, they could end up with overpayments quite easily. Link in above post or here https://www.gov.uk/tax-credits-overpayments

If you think you may struggle then you can apply for an advance payment for this info please see the link at post #46 page 22 then you may be able to repay this back over a period of time maybe as much as 6 months. See pages 22-25

• Haha 1