• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Euro Car Parks PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I have received a letter from Euro Car Park stating that I have to pay £100 (£60 if paid within 14 days)

because the car parked in Crown Street Car Park/Bolton

They put the photos of the number plate and the in and out time.

It was only 15 minutes.

The other thing, My friend who used the car did not leave it.

He stayed inside the car and then drove off

It was on 23/01/15 afternoon time

The letter says that:

On the 23/01/15 you were the registered keeper of the vehicle:

Or you have been named by the registered keeper as the driver when there was a breach of terms and conditions of parking.

We are using cameras to capture images of vehicles entering and leaving the car park and calculate their length of stay.

Signage on the car park clearly informs of the terms and conditions.

The parking charge notice xxxxxxxxxx has been issued because the vehicle was parked at crown street

- Bolton, Crown street, , Bolton, BL1 2RU.

As no valid pay and display/permit was purchased this was in breach of the terms and conditions at this site.

It then mentions Schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012.

Please tell me what to do

await the notice to keeper

as this is an ANPR capture

follow like threads.

just remember its a speculative invoice

easily batted away

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they have fulfilled the requirements of para 9 of the PoFA for number plate capture. However the car aprk signage says patrolled car park so there is grounds for saying notice to driver should have been attached to vehicle but I doubt if that subtlety will be considered.

There is an understood definition as to what parking is so your friend should be able to tell you whether he was "waiting" or looking for a space, considering their contract and then declining the conditions and so left or whatever.

Euro car parks have problems with their letters inasmuch as they ask for a fee for accepting payment and that is now unlawful so it does rather make their claim harder to press.

I would appeal to them stating that the driver did not park but merely considered the contract offered and decided that they could not agree to it and left. They will undoubtedly disagree with that but then you get to appeal to POPLA, which costs them money and you stand a very good chance of winning that appeal for more than one reason.

Dear Ericsbrother

thanks a lot for your prompt and helpful reply. I just appealed online and I will follow with a written appeal by post on Monday. I will make sure I have a record of the mail.

I have written in my appeal

Dear Sir/Madam,

As the registered keeper of vehicle reg. no. ### ###, I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this parking charge notice forthwith, or alternatively provide a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA

Best Regards

But you are liable for the chage if it is legally claimed,

that is what the PoFA is all about as far as the parking co's are concerned.

The only plus side of writing that is the parking co doesnt have a clue as to what you intend to say to POPLA

so they will supply the code.

The minus side is you have to appeal to POPLA rather than them giving up as a money saving exercise.

It makes me happy they will have to spend their ill-gotten from elsewhere on this but it means more time and effort for you.

I would always advise the Registered Keeper denying liability for a parking charge notice.

The POFA specifies that the 'keeper' at the time of the event can be held liable.

' "keeper” means the person by whom the vehicle is kept at the time the vehicle was parked, which in the case of a registered vehicle is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to be the registered keeper; '

This allows another route for the RK. Along with all the usual appeal points we know make the charge unenforceable...

OP- Use the original appeal and add in the middle ,ericsbrothers point about the driver considering the contract offered, but then declining and leaving...

This does allow a way of Euro not going to POPLA and canceling the charge at first appeal.

But they may not....

Thanks armadillo71 for your input. Yes I will consider your advice.

One other thing, if they rejected the appeal and provided the code and I appealed to POPLA, will the discounted price deadline still be reserved until I get a response from POPLA?!

If you want to pay them money they are not entitled to, then pay the ' discount ' now...

But you have come here for advice, so have a read here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405805-PPC-Successes-(No-Questions-please)/page6

Those threads show you cancelled parking charge notices.

Dear Ericsbrother

thanks a lot for your prompt and helpful reply. I just appealed online and I will follow with a written appeal by post on Monday. I will make sure I have a record of the mail.

I have written in my appeal

Dear Sir/Madam,

As the registered keeper of vehicle reg. no. ### ###, I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this parking charge notice forthwith, or alternatively provide a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA

Best Regards

The single point that "As the registered keeper I am not liable for this charge" is, in my opinion, insufficient and therefore dangerously close to not being a genuine appeal/challenge. You are therefore running the risk of being 'timed out' on your 28 day window to appeal.

I would definitely follow this up, sooner rather than later, with a more substantive appeal in order to ensure that you at least qualify for a POPLA code.

The BPA Ltd have given their members a lot of leeway with what is a genuine appeal and what isn't and it is a fact of life that both the BPA Ltd and the DVLA will side with the PPC on these sort of issues.

• 1 month later...

hi all

Thanks to everybody for the help

Till today I have not received any writing from the car park team

I have just checked the PCN in their website and the message I got

"This ticket has already been paid or has been closed"

So I am assuming it has been cancelled

hi all

Thanks to everybody for the help

Till today I have not received any writing from the car park team

I have just checked the PCN in their website and the message I got

"This ticket has already been paid or has been closed"

So I am assuming it has been cancelled

I would assume that as well...

Take a screen shot or print out of the page.

Could you just clarify what you sent as your appeal please?