Speeding Fine - paid £100 less than should of - Balliff went old Address - fees?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Had a call from a balliff saying that I hadn't paid the amount.

Original Amount was £295 Admin Fee £85 = £380

2 Payments made

27/11 £140

13/01 £150 (Error should of been £240)

Upon checking my friend who I asked to pay had only paid £150 not £240 as requested

when I advised this I was told that the charges for sending & attending stood,

as he has gone to incorrect address

is this right.

I have today paid the balance outstanding through their automated system. So the original amount is clear.

Where do I stand,

I don't want to give them my new address,

and the Balliff first said he would return to the property with a locksmith & gain entry,

when I advised I didn't live at that address he said he would get a warrant for my arrest.

I don't want to be arrested,

if the amount is clear before he gets a warrant would it still stand,

can he go to the old address and just force entry

Surely if he goes back to court

they have to have all the information up to date

and when they check as I've cleared the original balance

there is nothing to pay

can anyone help as soon as possible.

It was a speeding fine ....

not heard anything from him today

got reference that was paid through auto payment,

even though call centre said I had to pay in full or speak to Bailiff

surely they have accepted payment on outstanding balance

if it goes to court

the only outstanding amount would be their fee's for turning up at an old address

they haven't actually executed the warrant, as it is paid

now any advice?

urm..sticky one.

its not their fault you did not update the court with your new address.

so eitherway

even if he'd gone to the correct address- his fees stand sadly I believe.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It might depend when the OP did change address though if the OP thought that the debt had been cleared there would have no need to inform the Court. And I am unsure if the bailiff can charge for a visit to the wrong address. He would have left a notice that he had called but the OP could not

act upon it and now that there has been a change of address, the old warrant cannot be applied to the current address.

Is there a slight mistake on your first post-the bailiff fee should be £75.

It might depend when the OP did change address though if the OP thought that the debt had been cleared there would have no need to inform the Court. And I am unsure if the bailiff can charge for a visit to the wrong address. He would have left a notice that he had called but the OP could not

act upon it and now that there has been a change of address, the old warrant cannot be applied to the current address.

Is there a slight mistake on your first post-the bailiff fee should be £75.

The admin fee was £85 but he said he was charging £215 or so as it had gone to Balliff,

surely this is only if he had visited me at an address,

he hasn't as the person living there proved they weren't me and he didn't leave anything

so it hasn't been carried out.

Still not heard anything last 2 days.

Hopefully gone quiet.

When the new bailiff regulations came into effect on 6th April last year it changed the way fines can be enforced and the fees that can be charged. Once a warrant is issued and passed to a bailiff firm the amount OWING includes the court fine and any bailiff fees incurred.

A further crucial change (and one that you do not appear to know about) is that from any payment made (either to the bailiff or the court) the 'Compliance Fee' of 75 is deducted at source and the balance of the payment is split between the court fine and bailiff fees. Therefore, as things now stand you have paid the Compliance fee in full and made a part payment towards the court fine.

For the avoidance of doubt.... the warrant has only been part executed and the court fine part paid. Bailiff enforcement can continue.

You say that you moved address. After the fine was issued you should have received a letter from DVLA asking for you to return your driving licence for the points to be allocated. If this request is ignored then DVLA suspend your driving licence. Any insurance that you have on the car would be worthless. This is such a common problem.

PS: I am confused about the bailiff fees as the figures quoted by you were pre 6th April 2014.