They walk among us !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Almost certainly this has been posted before.. but I still find them funny.

They walk among us

IDIOT SIGHTING #1

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the girl a £5 note. Our total was £4.20, so I also handed her a twenty pence piece.

She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but that way you can just give me a pound back.'

She was puzzled and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the 20 pence and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.' The girl then proceeded to give me back 80 pence in change!

Do not confuse the staff at MacD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING #2

We had to have the garage door repaired. The GARADOR repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one GARADOR made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Madam, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, 'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two…'

We haven't used Garador repair since. Happened in Moor Park, Nr Watford UK

IDIOT SIGHTING #3

I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the local town council office to request the removal of the "DEER CROSSING" sign on our road. She said the reason was: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

Story from Potters Bar, Herts, UK

IDIOT SIGHTING #4

My daughter went to a local Kentucky Fried and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

From South Oxhey Herts , UK...

IDIOT SIGHTING #5

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an Irish airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge? To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

Happened Luton Airport ... UK

IDIOT SIGHTING #6

The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged co-worker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She is a Local County Councillor employee in Harrow, Middlesex, UK

IDIOT SIGHTING #7

When my husband and I arrived at Our Local Ford dealer to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver’s side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the Fitter/Mechanic, 'it’s open!' His reply, 'I know. I have already done that side.'

This was at Ford dealership in St Albans, Hertfordshire UK.

IDIOT SIGHTING #8

A coach party were out for the day, stopped off at a refreshment halt in Hertfordshire and queued up for tea and coffee. One group asked for "Six decaffeinated please.” To which the girl replied: “Sorry, we only do coffee!"

Story from Luton Probus.

STAY ALERT! They walk among us, and the scary part is that they have the RIGHT TO VOTE and to PRODUCE!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:lol:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Estate agent, "Shall we have a look inside then ?" erm no we will just stand outside and buy it! doh!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

"One black coffee please."

"Is that with milk and sugar ?"

"No, and I'll take it loose"

Estate agent, "Shall we have a look inside then ?" erm no we will just stand outside and buy it! doh!

:lol:

Yes, there are loads when you think about them

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 6 months later...

nice ones, TraineeAngel :lol:

BCOBS

Stepmother looking at a classical CD of composers such as Mozart, Beethoven, Bach etc 'Are these the original artists on this?'

Stepmother talking about current events 'I think it's terrible how they treat these gherkins', us: 'er, don't you mean gurkhas', her: 'no I'm sure they're called gherkins'

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Stepmother looking at a classical CD of composers such as Mozart, Beethoven, Bach etc 'Are these the original artists on this?'

This one is priceless :lol:

BCOBS

"

This happened to me in a pub a few weeks ago. I replied that black coffee doesn't have milk. The batman said he didn't know as he doesn't drink coffee!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post

"

This happened to me in a pub a few weeks ago. I replied that black coffee doesn't have milk. The batman said he didn't know as he doesn't drink coffee!

Scary !!

BCOBS

Just realised I put batman instead of batman.

EDIT. No I didn't. It was auto correct on my phone. Should be barman. :lol:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

oh dear, Caroline.. at least you got it right in the end :lol:

BCOBS

Whilst working in A+E as a student a man arrived following a serious RTA. He was out for the count and the policeman who came in with him could not understand how the accident happened. It was a long straight road, slightly down hill and no other car was involved. A short while later he came round and I asked him what happened to try and find out what forces were involved. He was always loosing his lighter and so his girlfriend brought him one on a key ring which he attached to his car keys. Going down the road he wanted a smoke, so he tried to light up by putting his ciggie through the steering wheel and using the lighter(a very stupid idea) which did not work. He then had a brain wave. I am going downhill (at 60 mph)I will take the car keys out light my smoke while the is car rolling down the hill. Which he did! Unfortunately he had forgotten about the steering lock. which came on put him into a ditch and rolled the car at least three times.

And I guess he STILL has his driving licence ?

BCOBS