Marston Bailiff coerced money out of us for our sons old Fine - he doesn't live here help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need help urgently with Martsons I have unwillingly paid a fine owed by a relative who used to live at the house....

On Thursday 22nd Jan I received a hand delivered final notice letter

stating that the bailiff would be calling back to remove goods from my house or collect money ect..

. It was in the name of my son who has not been at our house for about 2 years (won't go into it).

I immediately called the bailiff (Mr Hickey) to inform him that the person he was chasing doesn't live with us anymore

and he began stating that it was against the address and he was coming in if we didn't give him money

and he was coming back the next day with a removal team...

We tried calling the police who put us on to the court who issued the warrant who said they was putting a hold on it,

I got an email the next day off the court advising they had told Martson to do further checks into his whereabouts,

but the bailiff still turned up with a small white van and

despite us explaining to him the courts had contacted his offices

he refused to listen and got irate and began phoning his colleagues to bring a bigger van..

I didn't know what to do and offered him the lowest amount he'd take to just go away (£445).

I've already contact Marston via email and forwarded them the message off the courts

and explained I was coerced into parting with cash for fear of loosing my property and have asked for my money back.

My husband owns our house and we even offered him ID and proof of ownership which was turned down

and the police where no help (probably as it was them that issued the order)

Do I stand any chance of getting my money back?

Thanks for any help you can offer...

Jackie

You got bluffed by a rogue bailiff and fell for it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Please would you send any details - reference number form any documents, name of your son, address and your phone number to us at our admin email address please. Put "Marston" in the subj line.

I may be able to get someone to look at this for you.

Thanks

Please would you send any details - reference number form any documents, name of your son, address and your phone number to us at out admin email address please. Put "Marston" in the subj line.

I may be able to get someone to look at this for you.

Thanks

Thank you I can provide you with copy email addresses including what I sent to Martson's and the courts and reference number... I'll photocopy the Final Notice and receipt of payment from work tomorrow, I'm new to this site could you give me the email please?

Thanks

[email protected] [no spaces]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it is as the Op has stated then this is truly disappointing and a matter that Marston will jump on straight away.

At this stage I would not recommend doing a chargeback as the BHF member above states.

Indeed, wait until bankfodder has had a look at what the op has emailed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I've sent you another email about this today.

Hi,

Can you please update to the the outcome - progress - this is outrageous behavior .

Acting on a warrant (supposedly under question by the court)

Attempting to take goods belonging to someone else.

Its a case of blackmail and intimidation and I hope with the support of the site team (and others) you will achieve justice and your money back.

All the best

N