accidental damage, home insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone cpuld help me?

I called Direct Line to make a claim in December

only to discover I never had accidental damage on my policy.

It seems when I renewed I never ticked that box despite having it in previous years.

I added it all on during the call i'd originally made to make the claim.

When i called I went through through the full claim with them 1st before discovering I never had the cover.

I have now made a payment to my policy with the extra cover but I am un sure if I can call to make another claim (for the same reason)

or if this would be "fraud" for want of a better word.

To be honest, the claim was for scratching my floor and I have technically did it again but i am hesitant to call.

Thanks

No you can't do that, as it would be fraud. They would know you tried to claim before anyway.

You had to have had accidental damage cover before the scratch to the flooring occured.

Personally, I would not have wooden flooring, unless it was the really expensive stuff, as it is fairly easy to damage.

Just repair it with a fine filler and use one of the colour pens you can buy to cover up marks made on wood. If you go into 99p stores or Poundland, you will find a fine filler and a repair pen hopefully of the right colour, so it would hardly notice. I think in B&Q they also have different colour pens to repair marks/scratches made on wood.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The flooring was here when I moved in so not my choice. The scratch is pretty bad so filling it in wouldn't be an option. Thanks.

You would be surprised at what you can fill with a fine filler and covered with a colour pen of the right colour.

If it is a wood laminate flooring in sections* which is not glued down, you may also be able to find out which laminate has been used. You can then find out from the manufacture where you can buy a replacement piece and fit it.

If you are not sure, there may be a local handyman service which deals with flooring and they might be able to help.

* If you lift an outside piece of laminate, it may have some writing on the underside which confirms manufacture/model/colour used.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread