Advice needed over house please

deb4tlj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After finishing chemotherapy for ovarian cancer and finally getting back to work fulltime, my husband declared at the end of Aug 2014 that he was "fed up of being Mr dependable" and walked out on me. I have since had everything changed into my name but my question is the house. It is paid for - no mortgage - and is in both of our names. I do not want him to sell it out from under me - is there a way I can get the house put into my name due to his desertion or something or do I have to go the legal route?

Any and all advice welcome please.

"Never annoy a redhead - especially when she's a member of CAG!"

You are best of going the legal route on this.

Don't worry, he won't be able to sell it peremptorily but you will need to protect yourself

Thank you for your reply. The thing that worries me about going the legal route is the cost. I work 27 hours a week, my take home pay is 780 per month and I am struggling financially as it is. I am not entitled to any benefits and he is paying nothing in the way of spousal support and refuses to do so. We've been married for 29 years but all the balls seem to be in his court. I'm nearly 56, he's nearly 69 and is on two pensions, is working cash in hand for a number of landlords in the area (he's a general handyman) and is paid a retainer monthly by a landlord friend of his that he doesn't declare. I've recently found out that he has a number of bank accounts, one of which he's salted thousands into. I tried to contact him for financial help and he said "Go for it, I dare ya!" I'm in the depths of despair over this and am still not well, am still visiting my oncologist every 8 weeks. I'm so depressed.

"Never annoy a redhead - especially when she's a member of CAG!"

I would just leave it...he cant sell without your consent...neither can you without his....its still legally half his anyway.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread