• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Need advice for complaint to tesco

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Start of story,

around about last year summer time in tesco

i checked a cream by taking out a tiny size amount on my finger

to check the fragrance and if it was suitable for me.

I didn't like it so put it back.

On my way out after i had paid for all my shopping

i was approached by a manager and a security guard

saying i had used the item and i had to pay for it

and if i didn't they will call the police,

the manager was being overly and unnecessarily aggressive.

I was asked to pay for the item which i did and that was that.

Or so i thought.

just recently I went in to the same store

was approached by the same manager who started saying very aggressively again

that you are banned from the store and get the f*** out right now

or i'll call to police and to be honest it was all quite threatening.

i said OK call the police,

he ran up to the security guard desk

and was on the phone to someone

by the time i got there he had gone away into a back room somewhere and didn't reappear after that at all,

leaving me with the security guard who didn't have a clue what was going on.

The security guard calls another manager

They said that the other manager last year had informed me that, after i used a cream without paying for it,

that he had banned me from the store and to leave.

She said the police are on their way but if you leave that will be the end of the matter.

I said i want to wait for the police to arrive so we can sort this matter out,

the police didn't arrive as they apparently weren't even called.

I wanted to make a complaint about all this,

was told to phone tesco head office and complain.

Asked for the managers name who "banned" me,

and was told we cant give you his name due to the data protection act.

All in all I'm very angry at this situation and would like to make a complaint about this

but feel it would get me nowhere and i just needed somewhere to vent about this

and receive some advice on what to do.

Or should i just leave it all behind me?

Needless to say i will never be shopping at tesco again.

Write to the ceos office

explain what has happened

How it has made you feel

What would you like to resolve the issue

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

you were only verbally banned or were you given this in writing?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you were only verbally banned or were you given this in writing?

dx

Nothing in writing, in fact I didn't even know I was banned until the manager went crazy saying your banned.

wel they can do that for whatever reason or in all truth have no reason at all.

pers I'd get rather funny with this.

I am unaware I am banned, please produce the letter vanning me or any other evidence

whereby I was told I was banned?

apology time?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Asked for the managers name who "banned" me,

and was told we cant give you his name due to the data protection act.

I find this laughable to the point of being ridiculous. The DPA covers personal information, not someone's name. Many store operatives wear name badges, and quite a few shops display posters with a mugshot & name of the manager.

Some days, I wonder if these people really understand what the DPA covers and how it should be applied.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Start of story,

i checked a cream by taking out a tiny size amount on my finger

to check the fragrance and if it was suitable for me.

I didn't like it so put it back

Customers test products all the time, so it no excuse for a manger to charge you with theft, and if it was there policy to do this, they would have a lot of customers to charge, under this pretence

I will do similar to what the op has done, and will test deodorants and skin creams, to see what they smell like, especially if it a new range, now I have done this in my work place: Asda, Superdrug, Boots and poundland, and never once have I been accused of theft

Surely it doesn't matter, if the product has been tested by a customer, and they don't buy it, but someone else buys it

Its just not isolated to beauty products, anything you can think of is open to being tested, and for the customer to decide if they like the product and will buy it, the only time you may have to pay for a item you have tested, is if you break a seal, like wrinkle cream, which can come in a sealed and wrapped box

As for complaining, write to head office, and ask them, would they like to comment before you go to the local press

From a legal perspective technically an offence of theft was committed 'Theft by consumption' albeit to a very minor level

which i personally wouldn't expect warranted such a response from store or management.

I currently work within a well known high street chemist store as a retail security officer

and on a weekly basis probably see 5-10 people 'test' stock.

majority i will just ignore

however some have to be stopped and advised as ultimately breaking through a seal or use of the product

renders product no longer sellable such as in this instance as the item has been opened and is a food item. (normally baby food jars and cosmetics)

that being said i think the store have gone massively OTT.

as for DPA you can ask for their name although can refuse to give full name

and just say first name and position or surname and position.

• 1 month later...
Customers test products all the time, so it no excuse for a manger to charge you with theft, and if it was there policy to do this, they would have a lot of customers to charge, under this pretence

Surely it doesn't matter, if the product has been tested by a customer, and they don't buy it, but someone else buys it

Its just not isolated to beauty products, anything you can think of is open to being tested, and for the customer to decide if they like the product and will buy it, the only time you may have to pay for a item you have tested, is if you break a seal, like wrinkle cream, which can come in a sealed and wrapped box

As for complaining, write to head office, and ask them, would they like to comment before you go to the local press

Oh, so Its ok for me to buy something that's got stuff missing because you wanted to test it, is it ?

So what would you say if I poked my finger into some bread, or used some eye cream in front of you - would you then buy that product, or is the shop lumbered with it, having to write it off as its open and contents missing.

You look with your eyes, not with your hands.

If you want to test something, ASK the shop assistant, or look for something labelled as a tester.

as for DPA you can ask for their name although can refuse to give full name

and just say first name and position or surname and position.

I always used to give my first name.

If they wanted my surname, and became demanding, I used to reply with 'well, whats YOUR first name and surname then ?

I will do similar to what the op has done, and will test deodorants and skin creams, to see what they smell like, especially if it a new range, now I have done this in my work place: Asda, Superdrug, Boots and poundland, and never once have I been accused of theft

So if i open a box of chocolates and try one, i can just put the box back and move on?

So if i try a deoderant and dont like it, i can just put it back and move on?

So if i open a box of ice cream wafer cones and try one and dont like it i can put it back?

So if i open a hand cream, dip my grubby fingers in it and put it back i can just move on?

So if i see a scented candle, i can just light it and if i dont like it, put it back?

You are VERY wrong. A consumer has NO right to just open a product and test it! You may find that there are testers on the shelf but ultimately, if you USE some of the product without paying, its theft.

Imagine 1000 all trying the same product and then not buying it.

That said, It does sound very heavy handed. Did the OP react in any way to the store staff? kick off? Seems weird that store staff would just escalate like that.

As for asking you to leave and you failing to do so, the police could have removed you. Its private propoerty and they can ask you to leave without reason.

op has not been here since 23rd jan

seems like a few people here are goingaround certain threads creating trouble?

and not only this one.

thread closed

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks