style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In England advise is a verb (a doing word) advise/advising/advised, advice is a noun. I might ask for advice or give advice.

The same with license (verb) license/licensing/licensed, but one would have a driving licence (noun).

I'm not sure hence why I asked. It was a minor offence in store...

were you given a police caution or fixed penalty by the police? If the former then yes, if the latter I dont think it shows on ordinay check.

I didn't pay any penalty and I don't remember them saying a caution either. This was Nearly a year ago. All I remember is the word 'restorative justice' and the policeman saying that because it was my first offence then are not taking it further and leaving it there.

Just googled this :

What sort of cautions need to be disclosed for DBS purposes?

Simple cautions (18+)

A simple caution is issued by a police officer, usually at a police station, to the individual where they accept responsibility for the offence.

If you have received a police caution, you would have had your fingerprints and photograph taken

(although this will also happen if you are simply arrested) and you will have signed a document accepting responsibility for the offence.

You will not necessarily have been given a copy of your signed caution.

Conditional cautions or Youth Conditional Cautions

Conditional cautions are issued for certain offences where there is sufficient evidence to charge them and they have admitted the offence. Suitable cases are referred to the Crown Prosecution Service for their agreement to use this disposal. A conditional caution is a caution with specified conditions attached which must be met by the offender.

According to this a police caution is having fingerprints taken etc... I had nothing of the sort.