Provident Late Payments Markers =**WON AT FOS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Trying to fight the demoralizing Credit Repair battle.

I have been registered with Equifax for a good year or more as I think that Experia

n is a complete rip-off at £14.99! Forget snail mail method as I'm trying to be pro-active here.

problem is Equifax have never reported any issues with Provident

- not even on my Credit File and was totally unaware that they registered with the CRA's

for reasons I wont go into of how credit was handed out "back in the day".

my wife told me about Noddle which use Call Credit and

I therefore signed up to the utter disbelief that Provident have been registering Late Payment markers

for the last 6+ bloody years.

I have been a member of Experian way back in the past when it wasnt £14.99 p.m

and Provident never appeared on my credit file way back in the day.

Now having paid Experian and witnessed Providents Late Payment markers from way back

- I have pretty much had the stuffing kicked out of me.

My last adverse credit account is due to be removed in February 2017. Not too far away.

Now I am faced with Provident ruining that by constantly recording late payments

which will show on my credit file for another 6 years!

Every other "decent" creditor has either defaulted me or closed and passed my account on,

but not, these.

Instead, they have crippled me for 12+years instead of the stat 6 for bad credit.

Sorry for the long post, but imagine my disgust, anger, disbelief

and futile efforts over the past god knows how many years to put my life back on track,

when this sub-prime lot has ruined my hard work.

Therefore, I ask, what do I do,

settle the couple of hundred quid and wait another 6 years

or is there any other course I can take to "repair" this?

Thanks in advance, apologies for the semi-rant.

Just to add, on further analysis,

the late payment markers have been reduced from 6 to 4.

Apparently, if the late payments had reached 8,

I would have been defaulted and this would also be getting removed in 2 years,

but no, my willingness to try and pay even a token payment has been used as a weapon against me.

Any advice that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have not contacted Provident yet, but that will be my next step. Ho hum!

You've now found out that despite everything said in the media, Provident aren't any different to any other bank, it's all just a case of 'give me the money or else', 'oh, your life will be ruined, not my problem'. And Credit Unions are no different, they just us a different method.

I fear there is nothing you can do to get the markers removed if they have genuinely been put there. You could try a begging letter, but it will probably get you nowhere. If you can afford to pay them off then do it and be shot of them.

Is there anything you can claim back, any form of insurance of the ppi type ?

You've now found out that despite everything said in the media, Provident aren't any different to any other bank, it's all just a case of 'give me the money or else', 'oh, your life will be ruined, not my problem'. And Credit Unions are no different, they just us a different method.

I fear there is nothing you can do to get the markers removed if they have genuinely been put there. You could try a begging letter, but it will probably get you nowhere. If you can afford to pay them off then do it and be shot of them.

Is there anything you can claim back, any form of insurance of the ppi type ?

No ppi unfortunately. Shame because out of paying on honest affordable amount, have literally disadvantaged myself.

pleading letter yes

theres no link between 6,8,D or Whatever markers in the calendar

and a listed default in the summary line.

have you sent provi an sar?

rarely are their agreements legal

you could get the debt voided and removed

seen it before

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Will give the pleading letter a go first, then SAR, CCA. I'm pretty sure I may have already CCA'd them many moons ago, but will go down that route.

As you can imagine, a sore blow after many a battle.

Have a Merry Xmas everyone - will need to upload my debt journal one day - should make interesting reading. Past experience though dictates that making every effort to make a token payment can be detrimental. head, brick wall, repeat! :frusty:

• 1 month later...

Just an update.

Provident have finally responded to my complaint and refused to pro-actively help in any way even after the offer of full settlement.

- Shame on you Provvi if you read this as I am sure you do.

this raises an interesting point on Credit Report referencing.

As I have continued to make a token payment by being honest and not telling the Provvi to do one, I am now being punished.

My Credit File would be in a better state if I had simply ignored paying them

- as they would really have to default it.

Therefore, by being the nice guy I am, Provii have taken me, bent over the sofa! Shame on you.

I have contacted the CRA's to raise a dispute.

I am also in the process of sending a final request and also a complaint to FoS.

It is UNFAIR and UNACCEPTABLE to me that by making an offer of payment,

I am in a worse state had I just simply ignored them.

I am now going to be penalised for 11+ years on my Credit File. I am totally disgusted.

Experian have confirmed that even if I settle the account, it will still stay there for 6 years.

This to me is unthinkable.

I am absolutely raging with Provident.

The money is sitting in my account ready to settle, but I am refusing to be held to bloody ransom.

I'm away before I rant even more!

They are in the same class as traffic wardens Scotty, they love the power they have over you.

Probably fits the bill of what Boris Johnson said about some others "“very badly adjusted in their relations with women”, something he said was a symptom of “their feeling of being a failure and that the world is against them”.

The world is certainly against them and for good reason.

Conniff, they CRAs in my opinion should "police" the information they receive. They are also a bloody joke. If Provvi want to play hard ball for 300 quid they can shove it where the sun dont shine. Why the bloody hell should I suffer when they have "offset" this "loss" against the tax payer already. It absolutely riles me the way the financial industry operates. They wont win, legislation is against them. They may not reaslise this yet, but they will when all of their dirty laundry is hauled out in front of them in my local court. 👍

• 6 months later...

hey well done

can you outline the basics of what you sent

so later readers can try too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...