Lowell won't send me the original credit agreemens. Orange+voda debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent this message via equifax....

I dispute the default on this account and ask that proof is provided of the default notice and the signed credit agreement as I have no recollection of ever signing such a document.

Credit Report Ref No : XXXXXXX

Company Name : Lowell Portfolio

Current Balance £ : 713

House Name or Number : X

Post Code : XXXXXXX

THIS IS THEIR REPLY:

Hi,

The default refers to an Orange account that Lowell purchased. We are unable to remove the default. Please be aware that the agreement the customer requires is unavailable as this is not a regulated agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and therefore our client has no obligation to provide a signed agreement under the provisions of the Act.

In the case of mobile contracts, inserting the SIM card and usage of the equipment is taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions of the contract.

Please ask the customer to contact us directly to discuss the account further.

0844 844 4716

[email protected]

Thanks

Can anybody advise the next step please.

Thanks guys

I like that phrase about inserting sim card and using the equipment. Utter tosh.

They can prove Activation and usage of sim and equipment but not who activated it...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I like that phrase about inserting sim card and using the equipment. Utter tosh.

They can prove Activation and usage of sim and equipment but not who activated it...

Yep I had a little giggle at that myself.

Just wondering what the best course of action is now, how do I go about this in the most effective way.

it wouldn't of been lowells but orange [EE] that marked the file before sale of the debt.

barking up the wrong tree not lowells problem.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Mobile phone contracts are not a credit agreement per se, they are a service agreement, although O2 have rolled out both together whereby you pay for the service and then have a credit agreement for the handset.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Mobile phone contracts are not a credit agreement per se, they are a service agreement, although O2 have rolled out both together whereby you pay for the service and then have a credit agreement for the handset.

So have virgin mobile

You should request a copy of the original agreement or proof that it was you who took out the contract if it was taken out via the web or phone from orange

Might be worth requesting the same from Lowell, as well as including that usage of the sim doesn't show who used it

You could send a Subject Access Request to the phone company - this should give you some idea of when the contract was entered into and what numbers were called so you can more fully dispute this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You could send a Subject Access Request to the phone company - this should give you some idea of when the contract was entered into and what numbers were called so you can more fully dispute this.

Received this from Lowell after sending them a message explaining that I do not acknowledge the debt and it's not mine basically

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for completing the security checks.

I understand that you would like a signed credit agreement to be sent for each of your 2 accounts xxxx & xxxx.

Unfortunately Telecommunication accounts are service agreements and not credit agreements

and, therefore, they are not governed by the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As such, there is no requirement to complete and sign an agreement in order to obtain an account of this nature.

As you are probably aware, accounts of this type can be obtained by telephone, over the internet and by mail order.

In the case of mobile contracts, inserting the SIM card and usage of the equipment is taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions of the contract.

Please see below for a brief summary of each account:

Our Reference: xxxxx

Formerly: Orange

Current Balance: £713.13

Original Reference: xxxxx

No plan in place

Formerly: Vodafone

Current Balance: £111.55

Kind Regards

so someone used your name so what bugger off lowells

prove it was me.

had you moved about that time?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you have an account or are you saying this has been set up in your name fraudulently?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Formerly: Vodafone

Current Balance: £111.55

Hi fusiondoe,

If you'd like any help from me with the Vodafone side of things, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

so someone used your name so what bugger off lowells

prove it was me.

had you moved about that time?

dx

ive received this reply after asking for an original copy of the 'service' agreement disconnection notice

Thank you for your query to Orange.

Unfortunately we are not able to locate your account. We request you to please provide more information like your complete name, registered address and the telephone number you have/had on the account. Alternatively you may also attach a copy of the credit file showing the disputed entry.

This can be emailed to [email protected]. Alternatively you can post this to us at the following address:

Orange

Credit Referral

PO Box 350

Ashford

TW15 9DP

Thank you once again for contacting us and we look forward to your response.

Regards

Rajib Pandey

Credit Referrals-OUK

Any advice on the next step?