• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Identification check

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just checked my credit file (Noddle) and I have noticed that for no apparent reason,Wonga have done a identification check (10.12.2014)

This is the first time that I have had anyone do a search on my file in over two and a half years.

I have sent an email to Noddle asking for an explanation.As I am concerned about identity theft.

Has anyone else had a similar experience.

Regards,John.

Wait whilst you get a response from Noddle, then contact Wonga as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think someone else has mentioned that whilst they had a PDL some time ago that was paid up on time, Wonga was looking at their credit file.

I am just guessing here, I wonder with all the fuss about irresponsible lending and the subsequent adverse credit reporting, they are just looking to make sure they have not let anyone slip through the net ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think CitizenB is correct. Since the trouble Wonga got into earlier this year, their credit checking criteria has had to be improved hence the note appearing on your file.

Certain searches are only visible to you and some are only visible to lenders so I agree that contact should be made with Noddle to get confirmation either way.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

After sending Wonga a screen shot of the identity check that they did on me,I received the below email from them.Now they are saying that they do not know who I am.

Hi ,

Thanks for your email.

Please reply to this email with following details so we can assist you. Unfortunately we can’t seem to verify who you are at the moment.

Full name:

DOB:

Postcode:

Email address applied with:

You could also call us on 0207 138 8330 to discuss the matter further.

Best wishes,

Regards,John.

They are searching your file, but don't know who you are ?

BCOBS

CB.

Well,it seems that is the case.

Quote,

" Unfortunately we can’t seem to verify who you are at the moment".

I wonder what reaction I would get,if I approached people in York this afternoon and said to them.

"Hello,I do not know who you are.But I would like your name,D.O.B,address and has anyone searched your credit file recently".

Anyway,I have resent the screen shot and told Wonga that my details are there.Also,I have sent a copy of their email to Noddle.

Regards,John.

I think you have done the right thing they should be able to track you down on their records from their search information !

BCOBS

Received two emails from Wonga (27,12,14),the first one is below.The second one was a survey.

Hi John,

We can confirm no manual search was performed on your account for a loan application this month. The last loan/search recorded on your account is dated February xx, 2012, for a loan of a xxx GBP.

We are liaising with other departments to check if they have requested any searches on your account, and will let know if anything new occurs. In the meantime we can confirm no fraud issue (unauthorized account access, ID fraud) had been detected on your account and no other account with your own has been recently set up.

Best wishes,

Customer Care

I would have thought that they would have checked with the other departments before sending me the email.So,who has done the search.

Regards,John.

Well as you have proof that someone from their company HAS made a search, then there seems to be something quite wrong, doesn't there ?

BCOBS

CB.

Something is amiss somewhere.I have sent Noddle the emails that Wonga have sent me,Noddle have logged the complaint as "in progress".

It would not have been too good if I had been applying for a mortgage,for Wonga's name to be in my search history.

Received another email from Wonga (30/12/14).It just said,"Hi John,thanks for your email.Best wishes,Wonga".

Regards,John.

I think that you perhaps need to escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman, John !

BCOBS

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update.I received an email today from Noddle regarding the above incident.

Your dispute has been successfully resolved and we're making arrangements for your credit report to be amended in accordance with your request. You should be able to see the changes on your Noddle credit report when your next monthly update takes place. You can log-in to your account to see when your report is next due to be updated. Please remember if your report is due to be updated within the next week, this change may not show until the following update. Please be reassured that anyone searching your report will see the most up-to-date data.

As my Noddle account is not due to be updated for over 3 weeks,I will sit tight and wait for the amended account.Then when I have something in print,then I can have another go at Wonga.Or even contact the FOS.

Regards,John.

• 2 months later...

A recent check with Noddle,shows that the search did by Wonga has been removed.File showing no search done in the last 24 months.I think an email to Wonga demanding an explanation for the search is in order.

Yesterday,I received an email from Wonga,informing me that they have bought my debt back off Portfolio Recovery.They are implying that this debt is still active,but I have documentation to show that this debt was settled 2 years ago.

Dear Mr XYZ

We are writing to you as a current or previous Wonga customer. If you believe you have received this email in error please call our customer care team free on 0800 840 0571 or if you are calling from a mobile on 03330 015 104.

You don't need to make any more payments

On the 10th of February 2015 we took back ownership of your loan agreement number XXXXXXX from Portfolio Recovery Associates (UK) Limited (PRA). Under our new affordability rules you would not have qualified for this loan. So we bought your loan back from PRA and have written it off. It's part of our commitment to make things right for our customers.

This means you do not owe PRA or Wonga any money and you do not need to make any further payments.

We recommend you contact your bank to cancel any payment instructions, such as Standing Orders. Any amount that you repaid to either PRA or Wonga from 10th February 2015 will be refunded. If you have received any communications chasing payments on this loan, you can ignore them or if you would prefer to speak with someone you can contact our customer care team.

This will not impact your credit rating. All entries related to your affected loan have been removed from your credit record.

If you are in a position of Bankruptcy, you have entered into an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) or your debt is being managed through a Debt Management Company, it is your responsibility to inform the person managing your debt that you no longer owe this money.

If you would like to speak to our customer care team, please contact us free on 0800 840 0571 or if you are calling from a mobile on 03330 015 104, alternatively via email to [email protected]. We’re here to help 24 hours a day, every day.

Best wishes,

Customer Care

http://www.wonga.com

I think an email to Wonga relating to the above will be in order. If it is a standard email to previous customers,why put the account details on.In another thread,Kitten 1 mentions receiving an email from Wonga,but I believe she has an active debt.

Regards,John.