Having some issues with Utility Warehouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, this is my first post and i need as much help as i can.

I have been with Utility Warehouse since i moved in which was in November 2011 and

i thought i was getting a good deal as i was paying £68 a month for both gas and electric

but it was only till August 2013 when i found out that i was under paying.

I then chose to pay for what i was using and pay the excess (£330) off in one go and

was told that i would be charged for what i used.

I was not told that i needed to supply them with a meter reading every month

and with the meters being read by an external company and then me giving them a reading every so often.

In July, i got a bill of £2200 for unpaid gas units in the post which i have been trying to dispute

and decided that i wasn't getting any where and wanted to pay the bill off in small chunks.

I have just got a new job and have been trying to get on my feet and

i have spoken to them earlier in the month and an advisor said that i need to make a payment by the 10th but i didnt get paid till today.

I was going to call tomorrow morning and sort it out but

i have come home from a long day to find that my friend who is lodging with me allowed some so-called 'bailiffs'

in on monday and they have changed the gas and electric meters.

These new meters dont have the old meter readings or any writing on them what so ever,

there was no paper work and no notice of entry from the court.

I have been left no top up cards and the gas has been cut off!!

I am extremely upset as there is no paper work and no nothing.

Any advice would help as i need to sort this issue out.

what bills did you receive during the whole of this period

if they did NOT send you bills detailing your [obvious] under payment REGULARLY

under the attached back billing rules

they are on VERY dodgy ground.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 7 months later...

Sorry - please correct me if I am wrong - have just joined. I have an issue with Utility Warehouse as below:

I changed to Utility Warehouse ("UW") some years ago for my mum. The payments were made monthly and there were no apparent problems. However, when she went into a care home and her property was empty the problems started. They wanted a reading every month, but I live 100 miles away. They were not helpful and kept sending estimated bills and then charging late payment fees etc. Every time I thought I had got 'up to date' with payments - having given them a reading - I would receive another bill. Nothing made sense. I have now, finally, moved to another company (should have done it ages ago). I explained that the property is empty and up for sale but the bills are still quite high. The new energy company sent out an inspector and there was a slight leak. I had asked UW on several occasions about this but they never suggested an inspection. I gave the new company readings to start at end of June but have just received an estimated bill from UW. I asked for a final bill as the new company will be billing me from beginning of July but UW say they will send another bill in August and I am to settle then? Am I missing something. I have written again asking for a final bill based on the final readings given to the new company ... what more can I do. I have never dealt with such an outfit in my life.

Sorry - please correct me if I am wrong - have just joined. I have an issue with Utility Warehouse as below:

I changed to Utility Warehouse ("UW") some years ago for my mum. The payments were made monthly and there were no apparent problems. However, when she went into a care home and her property was empty the problems started. They wanted a reading every month, but I live 100 miles away. They were not helpful and kept sending estimated bills and then charging late payment fees etc. Every time I thought I had got 'up to date' with payments - having given them a reading - I would receive another bill. Nothing made sense. I have now, finally, moved to another company (should have done it ages ago). I explained that the property is empty and up for sale but the bills are still quite high. The new energy company sent out an inspector and there was a slight leak. I had asked UW on several occasions about this but they never suggested an inspection. I gave the new company readings to start at end of June but have just received an estimated bill from UW. I asked for a final bill as the new company will be billing me from beginning of July but UW say they will send another bill in August and I am to settle then? Am I missing something. I have written again asking for a final bill based on the final readings given to the new company ... what more can I do. I have never dealt with such an outfit in my life.

best you start a new thread

of your own

you'll not get see here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...