Claim Form Carter/lowells HBOS Current Account*** Claim Discontinued***

yorkiedart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please post the letter but on the basis of what has been happening here, you should refuse, tell them that it is SB and you look forward to seeing the evidence to the contrary that they present in court

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard response once mediation has failed...await your Notice of Allocation next...follow the directions and dates contained therein.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Look closely at the directions and what you must do in preparation for trial...normally this will be standard disclosure and submitting and exchanging witness statements with the claimant.

Dont miss the dates

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Most claims involve submitting a witness statement if directed by the court...a WS is not a defence...its a supplemental submission in your own words to support your defence.

Does your Notice of Allocation direct it?

Yes read the last 3 paras before the box at the bottom... All Parties..... you must serve it 14 days before the trial (15th May)

Yes you will serve your disclosure list and witness statement simultaneously with the court and claimant by the date stated (this is anything you wish to rely on or have referred to in your defence/witness statement) CPR /CCA requests and any responses.

Your witness statement as stated is a particularised version in your own words of the claim summary (Your Defence)....search witness statements in the search box to get an idea of form content and layout.

Have a go at drafting it and post here...we can then verify check and tweak if necessary.

Regards

Andy

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT

Claim No. ...........

BETWEEN:

Claimant

Lowell Portfolio Ltd

AND

Defendant

Mr .............

WITNESS STATEMENT OF MR

I ..............., being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim.

1. On or around the 12th December 2014, I received a claims form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton, for the amount of £818.82.

2. There were no details about when the alleged default occurred, the degree of default or details as to how the sums claimed have accrued.

3. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

4. The particulars of claim state that this claim is for “an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide financial and/or services and/or goods”. I have no idea what this is.

5. On 2nd January I contacted Bryan Carter Solicitor explaining that the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 exempts the above due to the six years rule.

6. On 6th January 2015 Bryan Carter Solicitors replied that the account was not statute barred. [EXHIBIT C]

5. On 15th December 2014 I made a formal written request to the Claimant solicitors requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case [EXHIBIT A].

6. On the 12th January 2015 I made a formal written request to the Claimant for them to provide me with a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [EXHIBIT B].

8. I have not received any of the documents mentioned in the claimants claim form.

9. The Claimant has mentioned the credit Agreement, the default Notice and the assignment in its Statement of Case and yet it has provided none of these documents despite my entitlement to inspect these documents.

10. The Claimants pleaded case is that the Defendant entered into an agreement with Halifax under account reference number .........

I am uncertain as to which account this refers to. It is accepted that I have had banking products with Halifax in the past

however the account number given does not relate to any information I have, therefore it is essential that I have sight of the agreement

relied upon by the Claimant to be able to accurately identify to what the claim refers.

Statement of Truth

I, ........., the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: ________________________________

Dated: ________________________________

************************************************** *******************************************

Any good Andy

Edited by dx100uk
pers info removed - dx

IN THE NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT

Claim No. ...........

BETWEEN:

Claimant

Lowell Portfolio Ltd

AND

Defendant

Mr .............

WITNESS STATEMENT OF MR

I ..............., being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence to this claim.

1. On or around the 12th December 2014, I received a claims form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton, for the amount of £818.82.

2. The particulars of claim fail to detail when the alleged default occurred, the degree of default or details as to how the sums claimed have accrued.

3. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

4. The particulars of claim state that this claim is for “an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide financial and/or services and/or goods”. I have no idea what the claimant is referring to.

5. On 2nd January I contacted Bryan Carter Solicitor explaining that the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 exempts the above due to the six years rule.

6. On 6th January 2015 Bryan Carter Solicitors replied that the account was not statute barred. [EXHIBIT C]

5. On 15th December 2014 I made a formal written request to the Claimant solicitors requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case [EXHIBIT A]. CPR 31.14

6. On the 12th January 2015 I made a formal written request to the Claimant for them to provide me with a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 [EXHIBIT B].Remove as section 77/78 does not apply to overdrafts

8. I have not received any of the documents mentioned in the claimants claim form.

9. The Claimant has mentioned the credit Agreement, the default Notice and the assignment in its Statement of Case and yet it has provided none of these documents despite my efforts to seek clarification and inspect these documents.

10. The Claimants pleaded case is that the Defendant entered into an agreement with Halifax under account reference number .........

I am uncertain as to which account this refers to. It is accepted that I have had banking products with Halifax in the past

however the account number given does not relate to any information I have, therefore it is essential that I have sight of the agreement or Facility Notice

relied upon by the Claimant to be able to accurately identify to what the claimants claim relies on.

Statement of Truth

I, ........., the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: ________________________________

Dated: ________________________________

************************************************** *******************************************

Any good Andy

Amendments in red yorkie...Im just a little concerned that you plead no knowledge of said debt yet you state that you informed Mr Carter that its Statute Barred...therefore you do know what it is.

So points 5 & 6 needs attention and needs to be re drafted.....Ill come back to that later

Also if this is a current account there is no such thing as a default notice...it is a recall demand notice .....Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974

Regards

Andy

The last time I used this Halifax Account was February 2007, I know this for certain because I was on benefits and I wrote to my local office for a change of bank...

from post 32

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do I send the papers to the court where the hearing is taking place please Andy.......

You serve a copy on the claimant and the court which is now dealing with your claim...along with your standard disclosure.

If the debt is statute barred...then the above would require a total re draft...dont submit anything until I get chance to re draft it.

Andy

Just bump your thread and give me a nudge as the submission dates approaches yorkie.

Regards

Andy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56837[/ATTACH]Hello again Andy,

I am uploading an email reply from Carter,

can you peruse it and maybe give a little more advice please,

I am a little worried that I may miss the deadline or even forget about contacting you again as I have a terrible memory....

Dont worry about that...they may have only defaulted on that date...but the account has been dormant since 2008...if they wish to misreport information to the ICO and CRAs.

From the ICO website ... " we still expect the CRAs to take reasonable measures to ensure the information that is reported by lenders via their credit files is accurate ".

http://www.scoronline.co.uk/files/scor/high_level_prinicples_document_final.pdf

You proceed to argue the Statute of Limitations...they will have to explain why the OC cause of action and default recording is inaccurate.(by almost 3 years)

Andy