PCN from Premier Parking Logistics, Birmingham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, thanks for providing this service.

I got a PCN from Premier Parking Logistics when I forgot to display a ticket late at night in an empty car park.

£100 or £85 in 14 days.

At the time I felt like I'd been mugged but now I feel like taking on these people (not allowed to name call on the forum I assume!)

Now I have read around this forum and some others and I have no intention of paying.

Here is my reasoning:

As far as I know PPL are not a member of BPA or IPC

so should not have automatic access to my details at the DVLA.

What are the chances the DVLA will still give my details out ?

There is no point making an appeal as these never win and POPLA does not apply as they are not BPA.

They just wan't to frighten me into making a payment - It seems like a fishing expedition to me.

Now I have seen lots of 'do not ignore' advice on here

but in this case talking to them is likely to be futile (pointless appeal) and just provide them with name and address details to harass me with. If they do get my details then I'll quite happily see them in court and argue it there.

10 minutes in an empty car park does not amount to £100 loss in my opinion.

So, am I missing anything or does this sound like a reasonable plan?

Any advice gratefully received.

Owl

When did you get the NTD?

They maybe able to contact the DVLA under resonsble cause, but...

They cannot use the POFA as they are not a member of an ATAs AoS.

So no keeper liability...

Abbreviations;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-please-read

I got the ticket on Sunday. Is that important ?

BTW, how much detail should I add here? I was a bit reluctant to add more detail since if I were one of these companies I would be checking what my victims were planning or being advised to do on forums like this.

Thanks

You don't need to add any more detail.

I would just wait and see what comes in the post...

Actually, you could post up the NTD, redacted of personal info, as it is always useful to see what the different PPCs dish out.

Hi

As far as I can make out, this company is not registered at companies house. there is no registration number on the website and I can find nothing on other websites that give out a company number however, the owner, one walton Wilkins is well known to the media.

I am wondering if premier are using another PPC to get the keeper details as they shouldn't be able to access the DVLA database

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Does anyone know what grounds a company/individual could get keeper details from DVLA if they don't belong to any of the trade associations ? Or does anyone have experience of them getting the info that we think they should not have been able to ?

Cheers

Owl

Reasonable cause is what you need.

You could get RK details from the DVLA if someone dumped a car on your drive , through paper access.

PPCs belonging to the AoS of an ATA get electronic access.

Reasonable cause is what you need.

You could get RK details from the DVLA if someone dumped a car on your drive , through paper access.

PPCs belonging to the AoS of an ATA get electronic access.

Except PPL are not part of any group so how they get any info is open to question. They shouldn't have electronic access so I would assume they use paper or another PPC

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all

I received a "PCN" from Premier Parking Logistics in Birmingham last week.

I had overstayed the ticket expiry time and have been issued with an £100 fine (£85 if paid within 14 days).

My initial thoughts were to challenge/appeal the level of the fine due to the fact that the car park charges 50p per hour and the car park was empty at the time I got the ticket, so the "loss" to the firm is nowhere near the level of the fine. However, having found this forum I am minded to ignore the fine and hopefully never hear form PPL again.

Owl- what was the outcome for you? Did they ever get in touch?

Six months later I have heard nothing from them.

I was confident of this as they were not members of BPA or IPC so can't get details. I see both of these are no longer showing a members lists on the web. Is that to thwart us ?