Deposit and payment of rent not being returned by M&W Lettings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a continuation to the thread that was previously closed entitled Letting Agent not pretected tenants deposits (M&W).

We were wondering if there are people out there who are still owed money by Lucy Sly and Jon Clements?

We are a landlord and at this time, they are not returning the entire deposit to our tenant and several months rent has not being passed to us therefore they owe us over £7000.

We have spoken to the police, action fraud and have advised lawyers. Are there landlords in similar situations? We are going to visit Jon's Office in St. Leonards next week. Has anyone been there?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It would be easy to close businesses like this simply by not using them. Landlords can also increase their income substantially by doing the work themselves, it not hard to find a tenant, they are queuing up around the block looking.

What does "advising lawyers" mean. Have you instructed them to pursue the company for your debt? And what are they doing about it?

For actionfraud to take action I understand you'd need several people making similar complaints as they only have limited resources.

I am on here to inform you that Lucy Sly has paid over £12,500 over the last week. Thus meaning there is no landlord or tenant that is owed any money at all. So if contact with the police is made you will find out that Lucy Sly has already informed them of this forum and the actions of Jon Clements. She will not be held liable for Jon Clements' debts. Therefore the focus should hereby be on Jon Clements.

And you know this because .......

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Your user name has been changed - really not impressed and shows a certain contempt for the forum.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

@SMP001

so are you stating that as a client of Lucy Sly she openly discussed her other clients and monies owed to them with you personally as a Client?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

what about Alien 2014, has he been paid?

It really needs all those that are owed money by fraud or deception to contact the Police and let them investigate if there is a case to answer.

A statement by some unknown poster is of little relevance and shows contempt for the forum.

SPM001, are you now saying that all of this is a direct result of the actions of Jon Clements? Given what has been going on I would very much doubt that Lucy would have any contact with the police, just as she never took action against the IP addresses, all done to threaten people to leave her alone.

If this truly is the case, could those posting on here please confirm if they have been paid in full?

We have NOT been paid,

Lucy Sly owes us over £7000.

We urge everyone she owes money to,

to come forward so we can build a stronger case against her and Jon Clements.

We have already started the legal proceedings and have also spoken to watchdog,

as well as giving a case to action fraud who have given us a National Crime Reference Number (NFRC141200874065)

in case anyone wishes to call them and add any information.

We also visited Jon's office and it looks like that is for sale too.

We gave both Jon and Lucy much warning of our actions,

all of which was ignored,

so they cannot get away with keeping client money illegally.

• 2 weeks later...

Limited company so last director standing carries the can unless action against others precedes their resignations. This means that the statement that Jon is now solely responsible is the exact opposite of the truth. I also doubt the business acumen of someone who praises the activities of a convicted criminal on the basis that they eventually got their money back. This is akin to saying that a burglar is honest because he gave me my stolen good back.

Hi Alien did you get any progress with this chasing M&W for your money?

It took me 3 letters and was only after a strongly worded letter from a solicitor that M&W backed downed and returned my tenants deposit which they were refusing to pay me.

Is anyone else owed money from M&W Lucy Sly and Jon Celments?

Regards

BB

None of our money has been returned by Jon Clements or Lucy Sly, several months rent has not been passed onto us and the deposit is not being returned to our tenant - a sum of over £7000.

We have spoken to the police and made a record which they are investigating. Our solicitor has sent letters to both of them, all ignored so we are taking further action.

Just to add that as soon as I posted on this forum Jon called me asking me to take my comments down.

None of our money has been returned by Jon Clements or Lucy Sly, several months rent has not been passed onto us and the deposit is not being returned to our tenant - a sum of over £7000.

We have spoken to the police and made a record which they are investigating. Our solicitor has sent letters to both of them, all ignored so we are taking further action.

Just to add that as soon as I posted on this forum Jon called me asking me to take my comments down.

I bet he wanted the comments taking down! Seems you have no choice but to take action. Good luck and keep us posted.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yep,

hope you have a record of them phoning you up as this is an admission of their guilt.

Don't let their bully boy tactics worry you, you are doing the right thing by posting here. Did the same to us when I originally started this thread months ago. threatening and trying to intimidate.Is their standard protocol.

Really low to steal from a client then try and blame the same client.

I really do hope you get your desired outcome (which I assume is your 7k back plus costs)

Keep us posted

BB

Hi all,

I don't know if this is useful, or even relevant, but FYI - following Second Notification in London Gazette (18/12/14) M&W Sales and Lettings LLP has been dissolved as of 23/12/14, and although he is no longer a director Jon Clements is (according to CompanyCheck.co.uk and Duedil.com) still 50% shareholder in M&W Property Consultants Ltd.