style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an arrangement with Ross & Roberts to pay £1060 within 4 weeks

I was short by £110 (paid 950) and while its my problem and while am insured my dog had to have emergency out of hours vet treatment so the amount I was short is the excess - emergency was life threatening (he eaten a load of heart meds from my other dog so was in danger of renal failure) so even if I'd opted to put to sleep (which thankfully I didn't need to) I'd still have incurred charges.

That aside I rang R&R to say I had an unexpected shortfall (my problem) I will have £50 this week but will be paid next friday for the remainder (am self-employed) but now as its in default they're going to whack the charges on me (£235 + £100+ if they manage to get past the door). I have very little to remove (a TV, no car) - am so fed up as I live simply with few extras in my life (I have fibromyalgia so struggle moneywise but this idea that I owe £110 which will be become an extra £335 makes me feel sick thinking about it).

R&R won't budge - I got the impression that even if I only owed them a tenner they were going to add the charges.

While I don't intend to let them in am worried they may catch me out when I take the dogs for a walk - something I can't avoid doing

Edited by FrankieBeee

Frankie,

Can you post back to state how much you have so far paid to Ross & Roberts?

I am assuming from your posts that the payment arrangement was made after receiving a Notice of Enforcement and not following a personal visit. Can you clarify the position.

You say that Ross & Roberts have advised you that as the account has defaulted that they will now charge £235 AND £110. Was this told to you over the phone? It so, it would be very useful to get this in writing as this type of rotten behaviour needs to be brought to the attention of the dedicated team at the Ministry of Justice who are analaysing how the new regulations are working in practice. Naturally they cannot rely upon info passed to a debtor in a phone conversation and would need to see something in writing.

PS: The £110 cannot be charged at this time.

Yes I made the arrangement after the notice of enforcement

And Yes, they told me on Monday over the phone that they will now charge me £235 as I have defaulted then as I can't pay it they would need to remove goods at an additional charge of 100+ (then reminded me I'd be charged to get them back - despite sentimental significance as I bought my tv when my mum died 3 years ago with a bit of money she left me it would be easier or even cheaper to buy a new one).

It all sounded very vague as am dealing with one person who then said another team may come out to my house shortly.

Frankie,

How much have you so far paid?

Also, the question about your TV and computer is only of relevance if you are considering letting a bailiff into your home. You are of course free to do so but my personal opinion is that this is a course of action that should only be considered in rare circumstances ( such as when a debtor has almost no furniture etc).

There is no legal basis for the bailiff to come into your home. Please remember this.

My concern is about the threat of a fee of £235 being charged AND the fee of £110.

If you could post back to confirm how paid you have paid that wold be helpful.

PS: Do you have a car outside of your home? If so, is it subject to finance? If not, is it's value over £1,350?

Do NOT let Ross 'n Robbers in, they have no right. have you had a benefit check as you could be eligible for DLA, or rather Personal Independence payment? as mikeymack has asked.

Looks like they are being clever and alluding to the £110 as potential fees if the rogues get in and actually snatch all the household contents less any exempt items, which would probably get them all of 50 quid, and certainly not enough to pay all the fees and costs of removal, storage and sale, let alone any of the debt.

Follow what BA suggests.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I received a letter from R&R then a few days later a note was pushed through my door by an enforcement agent that read 'I have called today to execute a liability order issued by our client XXXX Council. I am authorised by the court to remove your goods/vehicle to satisfy the outstanding balance of £1061.06

Debt (council tax) = £986.06

Compliance fee (R&R) = £75

I rang 24 hours later (once I knew what my finances were coming in) and informed them I could pay amount £350.00 immediately, which I did then I could pay the remainder in 2 weeks time (when I got paid) - they gave me 3 weeks. I paid £600 just before the date and then rang them to let them know that I had a shortfall (emergency vets - not that they care but its not as if I spent it on luxuries)

This means when I rang her this Monday I had paid them £950 out of the total £1061.06 to be told I was now in default (it was now the day after the date I'd been given to pay up) and unless I could pay the remainder within 24 hours then they were going to charge me £235 this week (which I said I couldn't afford 110+235 this week so she said then we will remove goods at a charge of £110) - I said I couldn't as I was self employed and there was no 'give' immediately to pay that out (I had a tenner to do food shopping and that was it till I next get paid). I said I will know this wednesday if I'll get paid again this friday or the following friday (I'll get paid but am beholden to a large company and their systems that aren't flexible).

I have managed to get £50 together (late birthday present) but haven't since spoken to R&R as am still pushing the client i work for to pay out this week (I emailed them overnight).

I don't have a car. I don't intend to let the bailiffs in - am assuming if they catch me outside the door leaving with the dogs to go for a walk I don't need to deal with them

Have just found out that my invoices are still pending (need to be signed off) so won't be in my account till Friday 12 December.

Try to stall R & R do not let them in, and go to www.turn2us.org to do a benefit check as there may be something to claim. If you live alone have you applied for any Single Person Discount for council Tax, if not do so, and ask the council to backdate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I do have the single person discount (doesn't help that my council tax went up after the Valuation Office re-evaluated everything in Wales not sure if they did it in England in the end as I know Govt were resisting as it would upset too many people, too right it would)

And yes I intend to stall R&R as far as I can (years ago the bailiff walked into the house after he opened the back gate and then the back door - thankfully they can do neither now as the back gate and door are locked) - am wondering if I should pay the £50 now online so then I should really only owe £60 of my debt - I will pay that £60 next week then wait till I get something in writing re the rest.

I do have the single person discount (doesn't help that my council tax went up after the Valuation Office re-evaluated everything in Wales not sure if they did it in England in the end as I know Govt were resisting as it would upset too many people, too right it would)

And yes I intend to stall R&R as far as I can (years ago the bailiff walked into the house after he opened the back gate and then the back door - thankfully they can do neither now as the back gate and door are locked) - am wondering if I should pay the £50 now online so then I should really only owe £60 of my debt - I will pay that £60 next week then wait till I get something in writing re the rest.

Thank you very much for the above information. Unfortunately I have had a very busy morning indeed but hope to get a few moments to spare midday and will post back then.

Well she's been, knocked then pushed a note through door so now I owe them £346.06 when last week I only owed them £111.06 (their enforcement fee is £235.00)

It also reads that if I don't contact them within 24 hours they will have no alternative but to re-attend the property to remove goods - does this mean even if they can't get in they will still charge me again

Its getting beyond a joke really as I paid most of the amount and had a £111.06 shortfall (I would've had all of it if my dog hadn't needed urgent treatment). I paid what I had in my account as well on monday, which only amounted to £30 which means my original debt was reduced to £81.06.

I get paid this Friday but at this rate I won't be able to pay another bill now because I have to pay R&R - its a good job I don't do much these days at Christmas but at least by not letting them in I hold on to my tv.

She must've sat across the road in her car for a while as I could hear the engine running

Edited by FrankieBeee

Is this for CTAX? are you in receipt of DLA for your fibromyalgia.

Sorry I must've missed this

Yes its for the CTax

No am not in receipt of DLA - I don't fulfil their criteria - I can work but it takes nearly twice as long to do my work and in the end am borderline (even though am in pain every day and some days can't work or may be work only for an hour or 2, I know that some worse off with their fibromyalgia than me don't get DLA)

Edited by FrankieBeee

they have been again this morning - I must admit I didn't hear them as I had taken loads of painkillers

I eventually spoke to R&R on the phone to let her know I have conformation of payment to me this weekend but she was patronising and still pushing to pay up before the money goes into my bank - I told her it was a BACS payment that takes 2 to 3 days (and no I can't get it in there any faster). So annoying considering I had paid off the bulk of this then asked for a little bit more time to pay off the remaining £80 which I can in one go but now I have to pay £316 instead which I can cover but it means I now have £235 less to pay on another bill!

They are all about money and aren't really interested in 'helping' you despite what they say and are happy to charge you regardless. She really hacked me off when she was trying to get me to pay earlier because she was going off for christmas - what christmas!

It is time you wrote to the Council [the CEO] with a stage one complaint about the bailiff.

You have kept in contact with them and paid your debt off very quickly so for them to come round for £80 [and £75 was their fees] thus costing you £235 more

was just an opportunity for thme to garner fees for thme selves. Sheer greed. Not only that but to threaten to remove goods worth £110 when you have paid

most of the debt off is an insult.

Inform the Council that it is their job to control the EAs and if you are unsatisfied with their response you will complain to the Local Government Ombudsman as

you are now being harassed by the bailiff for £81 effectively, plus their disgraceful £235 charge ,as they have been out twice in two days you understand. You

have paid around £1000 in 4 weeks so for them to chase you the way they are for the remaining £80 is sickening. Especially as it means that the money that is

supposed to be going to the Council is instead being hoovered up by the Bailiff thus depriving the Council of the funds that they should have had already but for

the greed of the EA.

It is time you wrote to the Council [the CEO] with a stage one complaint about the bailiff.

You have kept in contact with them and paid your debt off very quickly so for them to come round for £80 [and £75 was their fees] thus costing you £235 more

was just an opportunity for thme to garner fees for thme selves. Sheer greed. Not only that but to threaten to remove goods worth £110 when you have paid

most of the debt off is an insult.

Inform the Council that it is their job to control the EAs and if you are unsatisfied with their response you will complain to the Local Government Ombudsman as

you are now being harassed by the bailiff for £81 effectively, plus their disgraceful £235 charge ,as they have been out twice in two days you understand. You

have paid around £1000 in 4 weeks so for them to chase you the way they are for the remaining £80 is sickening. Especially as it means that the money that is

supposed to be going to the Council is instead being hoovered up by the Bailiff thus depriving the Council of the funds that they should have had already but for

the greed of the EA.

Have to agree Ross 'n Robbers living up to that nickname. Formal Complaint and contact local councillor