UKPC (2 x PXN's) Now with SCS (small claims solicitors)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i am new here so please bear with me,

i received 2 PCN's from UKPC back in April / May of this year

at the time i was now aware of

i received several letters from UKPC & then i found out that my brother in law who lives in Spain was staying with us

& he used my car at the weekend while he was here & he visited a friend twice in a private apartment block

where he must have received the tickets but did not give them to me at the time.

I ignored UKPC's letters as at first i thought it was a mistake until we researched the dates

& my wife asked her brother who admitted getting the tickets but

he said it was private land where he was a visitor & that they were not enforceable.

The fines are now in the hands of a company called "SCS" Small Claims Solicitors

& i have posted their letter in this post,

they have given me a duplicate ticket on one of the PCN's adding an extra £160 to the bill,

i have not contacted UKPC or SCS up until now but SCS are threatening court action

& bailiffs & i need some guidance on what i should do.

Hello and welcome, is there any chance you can upload that attachment as a PDF,

it's too small for anyone to read.

Bailiffs ha ha ha ha ha, please ensure you make copies of these puerile missives, start compiling your complaint now.

Ignoring PPC is the old advice, lodge an appeal with UKPC first, they will no doubt come back with ''your out of time'' load of tosh, you need them to

send you a POPLA code, which costs them, then you can appeal to POPLA and win.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

UKPC at it yet again. They have to be the most inept PPC there is.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Keeper liability can be dischaged by naming the driver and giving a serviceable address for them.

I doubt very much if they will chase someone in Spain...

But we don't know if they followed the correct procedure for the POFA to apply, without dates of letters.

& who do i write to regarding not accepting liability as until now ive just ignored them hoping they would go away but now SCS are involved although it still looks amateurish i dont want bailiffs at my door ?

UKPC

SCS

or Debt Recovery Plus ???

Edited by 18trafficwardens

Neither. You deal with UKPC. If they are stupid enough to issue a claim, you use the GPEOL defence which is a guaranteed win.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

SCS is just a scary name dreant up for effect but runs close to breaking the law regarding naming of companies. Adding anything to the alleged debt is unlawful so that shows that they arent anything to concern yourselves with. Ignoring them is absolutely fine as they have no power to acton their own so wait for another letter from UKPC and then post that up so we can advise. The best thing to do is to speak to bro in Spasin and make sure he is OK about you giving name and address to them They can sue him but as they will have to travel to spain and argue in front of a spanish judge over mattersw of english law they probably wont actually bother. However, if they then continue to harass you then a complaint to a number of organisations would be a step to take.

you are too late to go through POPLA as of right but do not worry about it, the reason they are using a debt collection agecy dress up as a solicitor is to scare you into paying. The DCA will have added a few quid for itself as well despite this being unlawful without a credit agreement in place.

I have suggested you give UKPC the service address in Spain and let them try their luck with your brother in law. having identified the driver you would no longer have any keeper liability.