Am I not entitled to anything???

shortwoman68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a adult learner studying at college for 15 and a half hours a week. Due to this I am unable to claim benefits as my course is classified as full-time. I do not have a part-time job and have been relying on my son and dad for assistance since September. However I am now in serious rent arrears and have had a Notice of Seeking Possession and have been informed that I can claim housing benefit and council tax reduction as a student however they will have to assess the benefit on my son's full-time income as I do not have any. I have tried to get hardship grants from college however I have been told that they no longer do this as the budget has been cut and do not know where else to turn. Any suggestions:?::?:

Housing benefit and council tax relief are based on household income

So if your son is working full time and living with you he will be required to make a contribution.

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Also does your dad live with you?

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

OK so you are registered disabled.

ESA? And/Or Personal Independence Payments might be worth looking at.

Unfortunately although I am recognised as disabled by the local authority I am not registered disabled and my mobility mainly affects me under stressful situaitons and when the weather changes and becomes colder. I am waitng for another appointment with PIP.

Looked into everything and found that the only think I might be entitled to is a reduction in council tax, so looking into charities and if my situation does not change by the New Year, I feel that I will have to give up the course and look for a job.