Feel like I'm a breaking point - advice needed please

Ailla
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll try and make this as simple as possible.

In May 2013 I started work in a school as a lunchtime assistant at 5 hours a week £6.25phr.

This went up in November 2013 to 6 hours and 15 minutes a week, same pay.

Then in March 2014 I was offered a role in the pre-school for 3 hours a week at £7.19phr.

My lunchtime assistant role also went up to £7.19phr in September 2014.

I have informed tax credits every time with my change of circumstances and when I did in May 2013 (at the start) they said they would inform Income support, which I know now they didn't.

I received a letter from Income support in September saying that they found out my circumstances changed and my earnings had gone up so would now be paying me £2.38 a week. They said I didn't need to get in touch.

Last week I received another letter to say that I needed to call them because of my change in circumstances in September which I did and also sent them some recent wageslips.

Stupidly (please don't judge as I feel so bad and stupid and I'm a nervous emotional wreck right now) I also forgot to inform my housing and council tax which I've spoken to and they said that as I'm on a low wage and claiming income support that's fine and to just wait for Income support to write to me and then to call them.

Today it dawned on me (I'm also a carer to my Autistic son) that I had forgot to inform carer's allowance.

I again (stupidly!) thought that because I am earning under £102 a week I didn't need to call them.

I filled in the change of circumstances online and sent off a wage slip, I would have sent a few more but I've sent the most recent ones to Income support.

I'm so worried that I'll be in trouble and feel sick with worry.

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks.

Hello there.

Quite a few of us have been at breaking point and I know from experience that you can and will come through this.

Please bear with us until people who know the rules are able to see your thread and comment. I'll keep an eye on it and make sure you get some responses.

Hugs, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

Quite a few of us have been at breaking point and I know from experience that you can and will come through this.

Please bear with us until people who know the rules are able to see your thread and comment. I'll keep an eye on it and make sure you get some responses.

Hugs, HB

Thank you Honey bee and thanks for the hugs. I have depression and I'm not in a good place right now. As soon as I've sorted one thing out another thing comes up and being a single parent doesn't help. Even though I have my sons I still feel so alone. Sorry, just so upset.

But the hugs are most appreciated.

Re carers allowance

You should be ok as my partner claims it for my son and she works 12 1/2 a week and earns about 270 a month

Thank you mmfhater. I'm just so worried because I honestly didn't think I would need to inform them. I just hope the outcome will be a good one.

Eligibility for CA ....

You earn less than £102 a week (after taxes, care costs while you’re at work and 50% of what you pay into your pension)

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

First of your health is the most important thing here, without you your Son is on his own.

Being a Carer is a stressful time and with the complexity of the system Im not surprised you sound Anxious right now.

Other than getting the actual advise to solve your questions, please make sure you are receiving all the care you need. You mention you suffer from depression, Please make sure your GP knows how you are feeling so he can help look after you so you can help look after your son.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Eligibility for CA ....

You earn less than £102 a week (after taxes, care costs while you’re at work and 50% of what you pay into your pension)

Andy

Thank you Andy, hopefully they'll see that I'm earning less and it'll be ok.

First of your health is the most important thing here, without you your Son is on his own.

Being a Carer is a stressful time and with the complexity of the system Im not surprised you sound Anxious right now.

Other than getting the actual advise to solve your questions, please make sure you are receiving all the care you need. You mention you suffer from depression, Please make sure your GP knows how you are feeling so he can help look after you so you can help look after your son.

Thank you sabresheep. You are right. Luckily I'm seeing my dr on Friday so will have a chat with him then.