Me & Parl with ease Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also had problem with PWE on September 12th 2014

Arriving at the White Moss parking area at (according to the Notice to keeper) 10.27.29 and leaving at 10.48.12.

I stopped to allow my Disabled passenger to make use of the public toilet, due to an ongoing health condition.

We found to our dismay that the location of the convenience was a prohibitive distance from the parking area (but needs must)

for access by a person with walking problems.

On checking my watch we apparently had only been on-site for 17 minutes

but assumed that the recording was a clock and not a calibrated stop-watch.

On returning home my disabled passenger (spouse) and registered keeper,

received a PARKING CHARGE-NOTICE TO KEEPER Demanding a £50 pound charge

(reduced to £25 for immediate payment. This notification was received on the PM of 11th October 2014

(issued on the 8th of October) whereupon my wife immediately paid up (online).

Being wise after the occasion has left us both angry and frustrated at jumping the gun and paying up

as were resigned to the possibility of escalating the cost to the threatened £50 pound charge or costs of dispute.

This proved to be an expensive comfort stop.

I would certainly NOT consider patronising the CUMBRIAN tourist industry again.

Cumbria does not and will not feature on my holiday destinations in the future.

This in my opinion needs to be addressed by the Cumbria Tourist Board

and a major policy change made to restrict these cash cow methods.

Best tip is to avoid this method of parking and specifically in Cumbria.

Thanks for the advice armadillo71 I will give it a try however don't hold out much hope of getting satisfaction. The local authorities don't want to get involved, hence the reason for farming out the car parking franchise to avoid getting involved with this sort of "hassle". As for Cumbrian Tourist Board they probably won't care about a small drop in revenue. We have probably got to put this down to being more vigilant next time we stop, or get fitted up with some do-it-yourself catheters!

PPC's are agents of the council, IF it is council property. They are liable for the actions of their agents.

If the land is private land, then its even easier to win against the PPC.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It depends if the PPC has followed procedure. Is this carpark a council or private car park. If its a parking charge, and the PPC decides to be idiots, and try and issue a court claim, you can simply use the GPEOL defence which is a guaranteed win.

From reading this thread again, it sounds like theyve messed up on a few things.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you paid up so you are stuffed. All you can do is try and get the local paper involved and try and get your MP interested in keeping their job in 6 months time by taking up an Equalities Act matter with the council. That might get your money back if the publicity is bad enough.