Parking Eye then DRP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of our company vehicles apparently parked for too long in a car park in Edinburgh. I had been told by our employee that the fine was not legitimate as the van was actually there twice in the same day and that this was not picked up by the cameras, and instead they thought it was one long visit and exceeded the allowed time. This has happened to us before so I wrote to parking eye explaining the situation.

I heard nothing and eventuallty got a letter from debt recovery plus.

I called PE and they deny ever receiving my letter.

I was also told I was too late to appeal.

They did, however, listen to my reasons for not paying and I was told the camera has been checked and only one visit was made in that day (I was not the driver so cannot be sure either way).

So now I have another letter from DRP saying I have to pay £135 by 25th Nov and they have quoted the PE V Beavis & Wardley test case.

My understanding is that this case is going to appeal in January 2015, so should they really be quoting it as a test case?

So what I'm asking is, what should I do now?

I don't mind paying some money to make it go away, but £135 does not seem reasonable to me.

Am I entitled to ask for the camera recording to check them myself?

Thanks in advance

One of our company vehicles apparently parked for too long in a car park in Edinburgh. I had been told by our employee that the fine was not legitimate as the van was actually there twice in the same day and that this was not picked up by the cameras, and instead they thought it was one long visit and exceeded the allowed time. This has happened to us before so I wrote to parking eye explaining the situation.

I heard nothing and eventuallty got a letter from debt recovery plus.

I called PE and they deny ever receiving my letter.

I was also told I was too late to appeal.

They did, however, listen to my reasons for not paying and I was told the camera has been checked and only one visit was made in that day (I was not the driver so cannot be sure either way).

So now I have another letter from DRP saying I have to pay £135 by 25th Nov and they have quoted the PE V Beavis & Wardley test case.

My understanding is that this case is going to appeal in January 2015, so should they really be quoting it as a test case?

So what I'm asking is, what should I do now?

I don't mind paying some money to make it go away, but £135 does not seem reasonable to me.

Am I entitled to ask for the camera recording to check them myself?

Thanks in advance

You should never call a PPC or debt collector.

Edinburgh, Scotland.... ?

The POFA 2012 does not apply in Scotland, so no keeper liability. Which means PE can only chase the driver.

Are all letters address to your company as RK? Or has the driver been named?

Abbreviations - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-please-read