Faulty Asus laptop

Fluffyrose2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice please

i purchased 3 Asus laptops earlier this year about all at the same time about 7 months ago.

One of these developed a fault were the M key no longer functions

this happened a couple of months after i brought it .

Ive been so busy with work that i only got around to taking it back this week.

PC world have turned around and told me that Asus do not cover the keyboard under warranty.

They can send it back to asus but I will have to pay for the repair

ALSO the postage has anybody else come across this as i think PC world are trying it on.

Yes, they are trying it on.

You are covered by the Sale of Goods Act.

What do you want to do?

Hi Thanks for the reply

I want i laptop that works

i know these were cheap £350 each but we do not need anything fancy as we only use them on sites

for lighting programming(but clean site as we commissioning engineers and were the last people in so the site is clean).

PC world have given me the phone number for ASUS to sort it out

but in my eyes i brought the laptops from them only 7 months ago and surely they should sort it.

I don’t have the time also Asus are more likely to charge me than a major company that they supply 100s of laptops to.

So my question is should i again take it back to PC world and tell them to sort it out.

If so what can tell them would be the consequences if they don’t.

Regards Adam.

• 2 months later...

Did you ever get that resolved? Can't see why the keyboard wouldn't be covered as long as no accidental damage is the cause. Asus do cover keyboards under warranty. My son had his laptop repaired by Asus under warranty and the keyboard was replaced as part of that job.

• 1 year later...

I only recently had an issue with an ASUS netbook. The darn thing got returned 3 times, for exactly the same fault.

The track pad would randomly stop working, and the touch screen would have "ghost" inputs quite often.

The issues started near on straight away, but due to moving we didnt get it resolved before CPCW's initial deadline so had to go back to ASUS.

Wasn't all that impressed by having to go to manufacturers themselves, but could not be bothered with the hassle of a confrontation at an already stressful time. This is definitely not normal practice for me, I am usually more than happy to go to whatever lengths to get what I believe I am entitled to.

I followed ASUS's lengthy, and irritating returns process and finally managed to get a refund out of them - but what REALLY annoyed was that the refund came from their European head office, and in euros so I ended up with a currency exchange fee!

I very much doubt I will buy anything of significant value from these guys again, which in their product line probably means I wont be back...

Edited by dx100uk
swearing removed - dx