tesco interview . ID problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thankfully I was invited to attend an interview with Tesco tomorrow which I accepted only for him to refuse as I don't have afull birth certificate. I have a full UK passport, full UK driving licence (both parts) and national insurance number. I have never been asked for my birth certificate before and usually this is not deemed sufficient identification in my experience. He has kindly given me until Friday to sort out my birth certificate but I fear that it is going to cost me £s for express delivery which I do not have at the moment, for a job I may not get and a certificate i cant imagine why i would use again.

It is very puzzling, I agree.

You wouldn't be able to obtain a Passport and NI number without a Birth Certificate so not sure why they are insisting on the Birth Certificate along with those two ! I imagine it is simply another jobsworth sticking to his script :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is all down to Home Office guidance. Every employer now has to check an applicant's right to work in the UK - and as penalties are so severe (Tesco were fined £115,000, hence why they have had a major purge) they are wise to make sure that they have every piece of evidence necessary to prove that they carried out all necessary checks.

The HO guidance is here, and advises on which documents are acceptable to provide a defence in the event that an applicant later employed is found not to be entitled to work in the UK

Bizarrely, even where there is no doubt that an applicant is a UK national the evidence has to be taken from ALL applicants - in the event that an unsuccessful applicant alleges discriminatory treatment the employer would then be able to defend on the basis that all applicants were treated equally in terms of having to prove entitlement to work.

I fear that it is going to cost me £s for express delivery which I do not have at the moment, for a job I may not get and a certificate i cant imagine why i would use again

[/Quote]

You may well find in the event that you don't get the job that you will still need the certificate for future prospective employers.

It is unfortunate but sadly the way it has to be these days. Hope that your application is successful

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hmmm, im pretty sure if you provided a passport and national insurance number and had something else as well like a driving licence they should not be forcing you for a birth cert.

Tesco went through the purge when I was employed. You had to produce NI number, Passport OR Driving L OR Full birth Cert as well as proof of address if no Driving License.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.