PCN from New Generation Parking Management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you help me?

I have just received a second letter from the above private firm for apparently parking in a "permit holders only" section of a free car park

(I went into a bank for 10 mins).

I read a few blogs on this site and decided to write back to them.

I haven't admitted to being the driver, only the registered keeper of the car

and told them they had no right to enforce this penalty.

However, they've just written back telling me that the law changed in Oct 2012

and the registered keeper may be held liable for this PCN.

My only possible appeal is that the restriction was obviously not marked clearly,

because I would never have parked there!

Do you think there is any way I can get around this fine, or should I just pay it?

Many thanks

it is NOT A FINE

it is NOT A PENALTY

nowhere do they use those words.

its a speculative invoice.

if its a free car park

how can they bill you for parking anywhere in it?

they cant.

when did you park there

and did you get a window ticket or was this afterwards you found out about your 'crime'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, no ticket on car.

I found out 3 days later, when I received this so-called "parking charge notice"

The letter had date/time my car was parked in the car park and 3 photos all taken from same angle (front).

I have been back since to see what they meant by "parked in permit holders" area.

There is a row of spaces with blue markings on the road (which obviously I didn't see when I parked there).

This is also a small sign at the entrance to the car park.

The whole area is small, houses about 20 spaces only.

Always a nightmare to get a space there!

The ironic thing is, when I entered the car park,

I immediately spotted a space, but then realised it was clearly marked in yellow as disabled.

Then saw somebody leaving and quickly nipped in that space. Very frustrating!

Is there any way I can respond to this letter refuting this charge?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, the exact same car park!

I had already read this thread, which is why I registered to this site and posted a new thread.

I just need to know what to do now?

I've already written back saying I don't believe they have the right to enforce this 'charge',

indicating they only know the registered keeper of vehicle and not the driver.

They wrote back (I received today) saying the law changed 1st Oct 2012

and the registered keeper MAY be held liable for this pcn, under Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (are they making this up??!!)

if I'm unable to provide driver details or have a valid appeal.

They've asked me to provide a "UK serviceable address for the driver" or a valid appeal within 21 days.

Can you give me an idea of how I should respond?

Yours gratefully!

did they not send the popla code?

that's your route

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well head this next and last letter Valid Appeal and make it big...

' As registered keeper of vehicle xxx xxx, I am appealing your parking charge notice xxxx xxxxx.

As registered keeper I am not liable for this charge.

£100 is not a genuine pre estimate of loss that this charge must represent, for an alleged breach of contract by the driver of my vehicle.

Please cancel this charge forthwith, or provide a valid code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of the vehicle at the time of event.

No further correspondence will be entered into regarding this matter.

This appeal has been sent with proof of postage. '

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Armadillo

Just had a reply from NGP again re my letter above. Their letter is identical to previous one, making reference to how law changed 1st Oct 2012 and that they can now take the registered keeper of the vehicle to court if I won't divulge the identity of the driver. And I have 21 days to give them this info or make an appeal.

Should I just ignore this letter now? As advised by you previously, I requested a Popla code, which they have not provided and I said I would not enter into any further correspondence with them!

Cheers

they are talking out of the wrong end of their alimentary canal and they know it.

They can apply to high court for a Norwich Pharmacal Order but they wont get one as they cannot show a clean pair of hands so that will be a waste of £20k.

basically it is all bluff. Ignore them from now on, they have had their chance.

Hi Armadillo

Just had a reply from NGP again re my letter above. Their letter is identical to previous one, making reference to how law changed 1st Oct 2012 and that they can now take the registered keeper of the vehicle to court if I won't divulge the identity of the driver. And I have 21 days to give them this info or make an appeal.

Should I just ignore this letter now? As advised by you previously, I requested a Popla code, which they have not provided and I said I would not enter into any further correspondence with them!

Cheers

They make no reference to your new appeal?

Yet they offer another 21 days to appeal... again.

It is up to you how you wish to play it from here. You have done all you need to ' legally ', and NGPM have not...

You can carry on with letter tennis, or ignore them.

Thanks both. No, no reference to my request for Popla code. Their letter was identical to previous one, which does seem very lame! They seem to be still trying to get me to admit to who was driving the car. I'll ignore from now on and hope for the best outcome :)

If they haven't left a NTD on the car, or sent one out via post within 14 days (and this isn't an ANPR capture) then surely they haven't complied with the terms of Schedule 4 and PoFA is not applicable?

NGPM seem to be quite prevalent in S.Wales. They also cover the big retail park near Cardiff City Stadium, where Costco and Asda are. I was there on Sunday and was sat in the car watching the attendant going around. He was taking pictures front and back of cars parked in disabled spaces (presumably without blue badges) but not leaving any kind of NTD on the car.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have now received a letter from ZZPS Limited stating that my unpaid PCN has now been passed to them to resolve. The letter states that the balance owed is now £160.00, which includes £60 late payment and debit recovery charge!

Please can you advise me what I should do next?

Thank you

Hello

I have now received a letter from ZZPS Limited stating that my unpaid PCN has now been passed to them to resolve. The letter states that the balance owed is now £160.00, which includes £60 late payment and debit recovery charge!

Please can you advise me what I should do next?

Thank you

Nothing is owed.

Who are they trying to get to pay? The RK or the driver?

You can ignore this and receive 3/4 more begging letters, or send a cease and desist letter-debt is denied. Refer back to principle.

Could you post up a redacted copy of the letter? Just for reference purposes please.

I am a techno biff! How about the attached? Won't let me save as .pdf? Only allows jpg, jpeg, png, gif. I can try again tomorrow, can scan it from my work email, which will be .pdf. see if that's any better.

Edited by bevmillie

atts unapproved.

ignore the roxy sheep

dx

and they

agree, ignoring them is the cheapest option. If they want to waste a tree by continually writing that is up to them but you dont owe anything and the prtocols of the PoFA havent been adhered to so they cant successfully claim anything from the keeper of the vehicle and you are under no obligation to identify the driver.