PLZ help A very bad Travel Insurance experience.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This may sound like a story of unfortunate circumstances, But Here I go.

Back in June my wife n kids went to visit my parents in Pakistan, I bought their ticket direct from Emirates and paid with Amex Gold Charge Card, I also bought Amex Prestige Travel Insurance, then I left UK on 2nd August and stayed in Pak for 1 week and 1 week in Dubai.

On our departure from Pak we missed our flight to Dubai due to political unrest in country. I had to buy ticket from another airline to get to Dubai later that day and paid with my visa card Amex is no use in Pak. We got to Dubai and enjoyed our stay and on the way back at Dubai airport got told by Emirates that our seats were cancelled and if we want to get on that flight we need to pay. So I paid with my Amex and got home.

Once here I tried to claim on Amex card and got told that I can’t claim on Amex card. So my next port of call was my travel insurance which even didn’t entertain my claim, I then realised that I have travel insurance with Priority Pass so I started a claim with them only to be told that my insurance has not been activated because they did not receive my insurance form back, Which I am sure I did send back as that was the reason I took that membership apart from lounge accesses off course.

It then transpired to me that I also have a travel insurance offered by my Nationwide account so off I went to claim with Nationwide. I am now been told by Nationwide that I can’t claim for my wife n kids as they have stayed over 31 days and only I can claim if I provide the further proof. Which I am about to do. MY question is what I can do to get my claim despite having 4 insurances.

CAN any one plz help?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Conniff

Did Amex give a reason why they won't entertain your claim ?

If you are sure you posted you form to Priority Pass, then send them a Subject Access Request (£10). This will be handled by another op and not a call center op. You will get back everything they have on you and will be able to see if your form was in fact received.

Amex travel insurance said I m not covered for missed flight.

Priority Pass has say because they did not recieve my form so my insurance was not activated and no certificate was sent out.

I hope it helps to understand.

Yes, I understand, but have you read the Terms and Conditions of the Amex card to confirm what they are saying is correct.

Just because someone tells you something, it doesn't mean they are correct. If you send an SAR to PP you can see for yourself if you did send the form or not as you think you did.

You need to work through the details of all of the arrangements, travel and Insurance to see what you can claim for. It is not possible to advise you further on here, because we won't know all of your arrangements.

Next time you travel, perhaps organise all of the relevant Insurance etc, so you know what to do when you have a problem. This sounds like a last minute arranged trip and you were not as organised as you would normally want to have been.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Travel Insurance tends to not only cover missed flights for your journey out of the UK and then the return journey to UK.

The type of cover that covers your problem is generally called "Independent Traveller"

You need to work through the details of all of the arrangements, travel and Insurance to see what you can claim for. It is not possible to advise you further on here, because we won't know all of your arrangements.

Next time you travel, perhaps organise all of the relevant Insurance etc, so you know what to do when you have a problem. This sounds like a last minute arranged trip and you were not as organised as you would normally want to have been.

No travel arrangements were not made in a hurry although I lost track of having so many travel insurances, Amex Travel insurance I specifically bought with all family detail so if any thing goes wrong I am protected.As i was dealing with a family emergency already so i did not want another one cropping up and me having to pay as health care in Pak is totally private. But I got surprise of my life that having 4 insurances and none would pay due to one excuse or other.

No travel arrangements were not made in a hurry although I lost track of having so many travel insurances, Amex Travel insurance I specifically bought with all family detail so if any thing goes wrong I am protected.As i was dealing with a family emergency already so i did not want another one cropping up and me having to pay as health care in Pak is totally private. But I got surprise of my life that having 4 insurances and none would pay due to one excuse or other.

The point dacouc makes is highly relevant. If you explained the nature of your trip when arranging the Travel Insurance, you may not have been advised properly. i.e the Travel Insurance was not appropriate for your needs. So perhaps a complaint to whoever you arranged Travel Insurance with, that you spoke to about the trip.

In future when you are arranging a trip, give Nationwide Travel Insurance a phone call and they may be able to extend the Insurance if it needs to be or if the current cover is adequate that can confirm this. This will save you arranging other Insurance that might not be needed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread