• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds debt SB'd since Oct 13 but Lowells have put defaults all over my credit file

reallyrathercross
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a debt with Lloyds, due to a personal loan when I was employed by them.

Of course there was PPI on there, as an employee it was required of me in order to get the loan.

long story short,

I had to resign from my job with them due to moving hundreds of miles into a womens refuge to escape domestic violence.

They refused my ppi claim as I had resigned and wouldn't help me transfer my job to another branch.

I tried to get them to agree to reduced payments, while I got sorted; again refused.

As I had so much else going on, they really were the least of my worries and I ignored them.

Right or wrong, I know better now and wouldn't dream of doing it again.

The debt became statute barred in October 13,

I've found this out through the CAB.

I've been getting letters from Lowells, but having read advice on here, ignored them.

My credit file was clean, the default had dropped off.

I was accepted for a 'proper' bank account, and had to pass a credit check for my current job so I know it was fine.

Now all of a sudden, Lowells have placed defaults on my credit file for every month from October 13,

which is when I'm assuming they bought the debt.

They're saying last payment was made 2009, it wasn't, it was June 2007.

I obviously can't ignore them any longer, they're also threatening to take me to court, bless their cotton socks.

What do I do now please?

Thanks in advance!

a new owner cant change the original default date, only put their name on it instead.

but as you say the def has dropped off, then they cant do a new one for the same.

as is re a loan though, was there a formal default by them prior to the end of the loan term?

if sure is barred, next step will prob be a formal complaint/notice to correct your file accordingly.

wait further input

welcome to cag btw :)

you put them to strict proff on

when

where

how

who by

the alleged payment was made

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you a record of the loan on a previous CRa file

showing the old efault?

when did you take it out?

I'd also get that PPI reclaimed..money you your pocket now its been sold on too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes,

I got a formal default notice in October 2007 from Lloyds, which went off my file last year.

They could have taken court action then but didn't, for whatever reason.

It's only since the original default came off that Lowells have started putting these new ones on, in their name.

My file was clean but they've trashed it. Thanks.

Yes, I got a formal default notice in October 2007 from Lloyds, which went off my file last year. They could have taken court action then but didn't, for whatever reason. It's only since the original default came off that Lowells have started putting these new ones on, in their name. My file was clean but they've trashed it. Thanks.

re loan, bar prob runs then from that formal notice. provided no payments after. so is barred?

lowlifes cant do anything to 'reinstate', or then pursue. seems they're trying it on.

send lowlife a copy of the default notice

demand they immediately remove the account

or you will be complaining to the ICO.

and you will be seeking compensation as well

dx

• Confused 1

and they

Yes, thanks, that's exactly what the CAB told me.

What are my next steps in terms of getting the nonsense from Lowells off my file?

Also, I'd dearly love to complain to all the relevant bodies/regulattors etc, these people really are lowlifes aren't they?

as post 8

dx

and they

• Confused 1

Yes, thanks, that's exactly what the CAB told me. What are my next steps in terms of getting the nonsense from Lowells off my file? Also, I'd dearly love to complain to all the relevant bodies/regulattors etc, these people really are lowlifes aren't they?

looks like they were sold a lemon, realised, and are now trying it on.

seems then the barred letter including request/complaint to correct cra file info (poss with compensation), otherwise further action?

Ooh, the lying little tinkers!!!!

Lloyds, despite knowing where I lived, didn't contact me after the default notice,

but they've clearly sold it on around the time the SB date came up.

That's very naughty and they've picked on someone who won't let them get away with it!

Well, that's the CCA request

and statement of account letters typed

and printed for Lloyds relating to PPI,

they'll be going off in the morning.

As for those Lowell creatures,

I'll wait and see if they comply with my letter re SB (great templates on here, top job!)

and removal of the nonsense they've put on my credit file.

I was really upset, but not any more. The fight is ON! Thanks again guys.

Has anyone ever had an issue with Lowells refusing to accept signed for & guaranteed next day letters?

Wrote to the address on their letter, not the PO Box one,

1 st class signed for on monday.

Not delivered.

I re-sent them addressed to the managing director at a slightly different address

but still in leeds by guaranteed next day.

Not delivered.

Royal Mail say there's no delays in the area

but the tracking status would only change when they're delivered.

It makes me highly suspicious.

AFAIK lowlife never sign for letters,

which is why we recommend free proof of posting only

and they

If they refuse to sign for letters then it just proves they are prats. That can be prof you have attempted to contact them if they do take action

• Confused 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Lack of real people or people with the balls to do something about these agencys. If lhad it my way they would not exist tho thats in dream world

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have received a reply today from the customer services manager, apparently.

My scanner's upstairs and I'm too lazy to go up there so I'll type it instead:

Dear reallyrathercross,

Thank you for your recent letters.

We understand from your recent correspondence that you believe you are not our customer.

In order to resolve this matter, we are currently undergoing an investigation into the account.

We have stopped any collections activity on the account until an outcome is reached

and during this time you will receive no correspondence from our collections team.

We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused by our letters and will be in touch with you again in due course.

Your sincerely, Mr Lowlife.

What an absolute load of twaddle! :lol:

I sent the statute barred template with an added paragraph demanding they remove the defaults they've placed on my credit file.

This letter smacks of delay tactics to me, hoping I'll breathe a sigh of relief forget about it. Oh no, not I. :nono:

I will obviously be replying to this latest waste of paper, but if any of you have any advice as to what I should say, I'd appreciate it.

How long do I have to try and get this resolved with these lowlifes before being able to complain to the ICO, FCA etc?

TIA :)

• 4 weeks later...

as post 8 ICO..

and they

as post 8 ICO..

The thing that's thrown me is the ICO ask you if the company have given you a final response,

and as the answer is no, their website says I have to go back to Lowells.

Going round in circles! Grrrr.

So do you reckon the ICO will take it on board despite Lowells being evasive and refusing to deal with it?