Problems with Shopacheck

debiis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please advise!

I have an account with the Shopacheck and have always been a good customer

in that I always paid on time and paid off quickly.

However since the beginning of September no agent has called at my address.

I contacted them and we agreed a day and timespan.

However the agent has still failed to appear and I am now getting stroppy letters from Shopacheck

accusing me of defaulting on the agreement.

I have rung Head Office and their attitude is that it is my responsibilty to pay

but I have no way of paying without an agent calleing round.

I have the money ready but no-one to give it to.

What can I do?

there does not seem to be a local office.

All I want to do is pay it.

I am so cross as the agent in question is claiming that he has been calling round and is blatantly lying.

Tell shopacheck in writing what is happening, and you have the money that was to be paid to the agent, set aside so you can pay it directly when they provide payment details.

Ignore their silly threats, and most of all STAY OFF THE PHONE.

In short, write a short letter asking for payment info so you can pay direct. They are NOT allowed to refuse a payment towards a debt owed, under UK law. They must provide some method of payment. if the agent wont call, they have to provide an alternate method.

If no payment details are forthcoming, then you write a formal letter of complaint ( which we can help you with ), which puts the account into dispute and gives them 8 weeks to resolve the complaint. If it gets this far, make sure you are still keeping that money ready to make a lump sum payment to them.

All this will prove that you are not and never have been avoiding the debt, but it is them that is refusing payment towards an amount owed.

Basically they are up s**t creek without a paddle. :)

Edit: I should also add, if they TRY and add on any penalty charges, don't worry about them as they are easily challenged and removed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I would ensure that any money you have put aside is kept there until someone calls.

In the meantime, I suggest a written formal complaint.

You could email this guy

Ian Cooper

[email protected]

or write a letter to their head office

Kingston House Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Road Birstall

Batley

West Yorkshire WF17 9TD

The only name I can find is a director

MR THOMAS ANDREW THOMSON

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

moved to the welcome finance forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you. I have just typed a letter of complaint to them detailing the sequence of events. I am worried that it seems to be my word against his (the agents) and I have no way of proving that he has not called.

Am I right in thinking that the agent writes something in a book or on an electronic device?

Do they not issue receipts for money paid.

If so, you do not need to prove anything as the agents notes will show what was (or not) done

Mention in your complaint that you have the money and that you are not out to deprive them, just that you have no other way of paying except via the missing agent.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE