style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Earlier this evening we had a Knock at the door. It was a cold caller on behalf of the local MP, con.

He asked for me in person and l said that was me. He then asked why l did not vote for the cons in the last general election. I asked how he got information on how people voted in the last general election and he said it was supplied to the office and he got given a list of addresses to visit this morning.

I asked who requested it was supplied and who gave the authorision to be told the guy did not know. he then asked again why l did not which my reply was l don't remember who l voted for, ok a small lie, and l cant confirm who or why l voted. He then asked who l would be voting for next year and l said l had not made up my mind, again another kinda lie. He then asked would l be voting for the cons and l said l cant confirm this as l had not made up my mind, again another lie.

I am hoping this was just a fishing trip but it does raise some concerns for me especially if they have been given this info.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks ims

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I have noticed that when I go to the polling station and the staff ask my name that they put a number on my voting form which is against my name on their list of voters. I don't know if the political parties can access the individual ballot papers and then cross reference these numbers back to an individual or if they were just fishing for info.

I have also noticed that but never thought to ask why

The reason why l had no probs in speaking to the guy is cause earlier this year the town l live in was featured in one of these benefits tv programs and the local MP has hit back at the program makers saying its not that bad. He clearly does not know the town as the residents hit back. The MP and others only visit the glamour side of the town.

Since then he has regularly, monthly, been sending people to the door asking how things can be improved for the voters. Needless to say they have never took any of my suggestions and acted upon them.

He then asked would l be voting for the cons

A few years back, I had a telephone call from some toffee nose enquiring if I would be supporting them at the next general election - My response was "It is a secret ballot, and I consider it extremely rude of you to even think of asking how I intend to vote".... At the local polling station, three stooges, one from each of the main parties, were sitting outside asking to see everyone's polling card as they went in - Another chance to give them a flea in each ear - "The only person who has the right to see my polling card or ask for my name is the officer inside overseeing proceedings. You may address me as Sir." :madgrin:

It could be that you had a gaggle of goons collecting names of voters as they went in to the polling station rather than getting their grubby little mitts on the official log.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I don't remember seeing anyone. Whats strange is they asked me about the general election but we was not here then so how did they get the info.

I don't remember seeing anyone. Whats strange is they asked me about the general election but we was not here then so how did they get the info.

The elections in the UK are secret ballots as has been said, if confidential information has been passed to parties/candidates in an election at any level and you believe your specific information as your vote has been divulged a complaint should be made.

I think the first port of call is the "returning officer".

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That would be someone from the council.

The number on the form is used in case someone impersonates you and then the returning officer can look into things if a number of people make the same complaint. If gives them a method of collating the forms and voting patterns but is needles to say, a slow process. When you vote you see members of each party sitting outside the polling station and they often ask for your polling card number either on the way in or on the way out. This is so they can rally the party workers and then go and bother the people who usually vote to see if they can get them out on a rainy thursday when there is something good on the telly. They often get an indication of how you have voted by who you give the card or your polling number to as it is common to give it to the representative of the person or party that you voted for. Not scientific but it is a fair indication of how things are going. the returning officer will not allow access to party hacks for the ballot papers. These are kept for a statutory period to see if there are complaints about political spending or fraudulent practices and then they are destroyed. even if wrongdoing is found it doesnt null the result unless someone takes it to court

Just tell them all that you will be voting for them. Then when you go to the polling station and they take your number, they think you are voting for them. If you don't go to the polling station, you may get a few phone calls to chase you up.

The people outside the polling station with the party rosettes on, have a list of all the people who said they will be voting for their party. They cross you off their list, when you have gone to vote. If by about 7pm you have not voted, they give a list of numbers to a party call centre and you then start getting phone calls reminding you to vote. The parties are quite well organised these days.

If you say that you won't be voting, they will ask what you are interested in and you may start getting more rubbish through the door.

The Tories seem to be spending a fortune at the moment. Their local candidate has given up their day job, they are doing door to doors on a regular basis, they have set up public meetings in town halls, every week a letter comes through the door from them and they keep trying to call me. It will cost them probably hundreds of thousands by election day. The current Lib Dem MP sends a email update about once a month and they don't post regular newsletters through the door anymore, because they are saving money for the election period.

I don't like it, when a party tries to buy an election, by spending millions more than other parties. Where has some of this money come from ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So just how did they no l did not vote for the local mp during last election. Even more weird is l was not registered to vote in this area. Hence one reason l did not vote for him

The number on the form is used in case someone impersonates you and then the returning officer can look into things if a number of people make the same complaint. If gives them a method of collating the forms and voting patterns but is needles to say, a slow process. When you vote you see members of each party sitting outside the polling station and they often ask for your polling card number either on the way in or on the way out. This is so they can rally the party workers and then go and bother the people who usually vote to see if they can get them out on a rainy thursday when there is something good on the telly. They often get an indication of how you have voted by who you give the card or your polling number to as it is common to give it to the representative of the person or party that you voted for. Not scientific but it is a fair indication of how things are going. the returning officer will not allow access to party hacks for the ballot papers. These are kept for a statutory period to see if there are complaints about political spending or fraudulent practices and then they are destroyed. even if wrongdoing is found it doesnt null the result unless someone takes it to court

Thats interesting as the current councillor for my area, ukip, is under investigation for fraud and is in court on another fraud charge relating to elections