1st written warning ( hi all this is my 1st post)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, so I received my 1st written warning on the 23 October 2014, I have a few questions

my 1st absence was on the 7th of October 2013

however in the new year the company I work for went from 24/5 to 24/7 shifts

my second absence was on 14th of January 2014

my third absence ( this day I attend work but came home after 8 hours feeling faint as was very hot ) 1st of July 2014

my final absence was on the 7th and 8th of October 2014

This is based on a 12 month rolling period, I think this rule is very unfair 53 hours of in a 12 month period in my opinion doesn't warrant a written warning and as the 1st absence and last are exactly a year apart, my brother told me that a rolling year would run for example 7th of October 2013 to 6th of October 2014 is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any replies/help

Does the 7th of October have some special meaning, like birthday ect

The policy where i work, is 2 instances of absence in 6 month can lead to a first written warning, but patterns can be picked up too, like the same day every year

Of course, this is all down to my managers discretion too, so if i can show good reason, a warning is not certain

Hi all, so I received my 1st written warning on the 23 October 2014, I have a few questions

my 1st absence was on the 7th of October 2013

however in the new year the company I work for went from 24/5 to 24/7 shifts

my second absence was on 14th of January 2014

my third absence ( this day I attend work but came home after 8 hours feeling faint as was very hot ) 1st of July 2014

my final absence was on the 7th and 8th of October 2014

This is based on a 12 month rolling period, I think this rule is very unfair 53 hours of in a 12 month period in my opinion doesn't warrant a written warning and as the 1st absence and last are exactly a year apart, my brother told me that a rolling year would run for example 7th of October 2013 to 6th of October 2014 is this correct?*

Thanks in advance for any replies/help

It isn't your opinion that counts however. Many people manage to never be ill.

If you keep turning up to work you'll get no more warnings and the warning will expire.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Its hardly much time off

52 hours = a week and a bit off unpaid.

If it was your business, you would think it was a lot.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Counting the days up I make that 5 periods of short term absence in a year

Whilst it may well be true that this does not sound much - and indeed is not much in the big scheme of things, the point which was made above is very true - it is what the employer deems excessive that counts, and if the policy is there to warn at a specific trigger point, then it is very difficult to complain.

What you have fallen foul of would seem to be a scoring system which counts short term absences and scores them more highly than fewer but longer term absences. Especially in industrial or retail environments where and employer requires numbers of people to run the business this is commonplace and the disruption and effect on colleagues is significant where people take the odd day as a 'sickie'

Had you been absence for a single five day period then I daresay this would not be triggering a warning.

Little that you can do but make a special effort not to be off sick until at least teh current warning expres - the employer should be able to explain the company policy and you are entitled to know how long the warning will remain on file

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!