Turn2Us - really interesting research

impecunious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very interesting comment

'Few people think a majority of claimants are false (only 16–20%) or fraudulent (only 14%) ...'

I wouldn't describe 16-20% as 'few', and if that statistic is true then all the government hype has seriously worked.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Funny how that research is based on a Mori from over two years ago.

Since that time there have been many changes to the benefit system through the kind efforts of IDS (cough splutter)

I would seriously question that particular piece of writing as it is from academics and they usually (always) are

writing research like this which sort of sides on the good side (government wise) as they need their grants.

I was at uni once and there was a (politics) researcher there that spent all his time producing these type

of reports, studies, papers and was always getting grants for it. He never seemed to have a hard time

getting a grant for anything he wanted to "research" where it was in the governments interest.

He was not that well liked by the other researchers there who were always struggling for grants.