style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just after a quick bit of advice.

after a long thing which i felt i was not responsible for,

after several visits to the small claims court,

i was asked to pay £#00 to 'the sheriffs office' 'should it be demanded'.

this was now a while ago.

i paid the claimant so this was over with and it is not my my credit history as ruled by the judge.

the so was supposed to appear in court but they failed to twice.

hence if was ruled that should it be 'demanded' i was to pay.

i received a few emails from so afterwards asking me what the court order said.

i said it wasnt my job to report on court orders and they should contact the claimant or the court and ask them.

i was asked again a few times from the so what the court order said. i didnt bother responding.

since then i had a copy of the court order sent to me from the courts about three times.

what is 'demanded'?

i did ask teh judge at the time and judge said if they asked me for the amount.

they've not done that yet.

. is it they cannot get a copy of the order?

is that why the court keeps sending me a copy?

what should i do? i already paid the claimant after 3 years of a court battle. claimant is out of this whole thing, just the so...

Hi,

Is this Sheriff Officers in Scotland you have to pay an amount to ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ill move this from the scotland forum for better advice

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

you had posted in the scotland forum

i have moved it from there as the process' are different

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Is it possible you can start from the beginning with this?

What usually happens is that for whatever reason a CCJ may be awarded against you. It goes unpaid and if over £600 may be transferred to the High Court for enforcement purposes where a High Court Enforcement Agent/Officer may be assigned to collect what is owing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i dont want to give too much information away but bascically so came looking for me some years ago. i wasnt aware of the debt as it was with a landlord. i took this back to court. we sorted it in court. so was asked to attend for their fees of enforcement. they never attended twice. i was told id only need to pay them if they were demanded as a result.

keep getting emails from so asking what the order from the court said. they have not yet 'demanded' the sum. they dont seem to know the 'sum' that was awarded to them. they keep asking me the content of the order. iv had a few unrequested copies of the order sent to me.

my question is can they not access the order? why does it keep getting sent to me?

I appreciate why you do not want to give too much away but it does make it very hard to understand what you are looking for.

Looking at what you have said. You had a debt owing to a Landlord which appears to have been sent for Enforcement. Having not known about it you went back to Court -and either arranged to pay what was owing or had the amount changed & are paying your Landlord direct. The Enforcement Fees are outstanding and it looks as if they were sent for Assessment but no one turned up.

To me if you made an agreement with the Landlord and he was happy to accept not only the figure offered but payments direct then it should be to him the Enforcement Co should be directing their demands. The Enforcement Co possibly can't access the Order because they were not a party to it and are trying to get it from thier client (Landlord) who may not be cooperative or yourself.

The above is purely guesswork going from what you said and may be way off the mark.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that is absolutely correct.

i paid the ll in full and the fees were sent for assessment. noone from the so turned up twice. the figure the judge assessed was 1/5 compared to what the so were asking as alot of their 'added fees' were outright lies.

i was simply told by the judge that i would need to pay if they were 'demanded'. i asked the judge what does that mean in the context and how would i know if they were demanded? she said id just know if they were demanded.

the ironic thing is i offered them a 1/5 as my own proposal prior to going to court as i didnt want the stress of court but they would not accept that. they did not turn up to the hearing but the claimant did as he was particularly nasty piece of work. in court after the judge had worked it all out, the actual incurred fees were a 1/5.

so after that, the so has asked me for an order a few times. i have asked them to liase with the claimant as its not my job to send them orders.

they have said they have not heard from the claimant. and repeatedly requested a copy of the order.

this makes me think they cannot get one??? i have unprompted been sent a copy from the courts of the order 3 times now...

I am surprised they did not turn up to a detailed assessment. But I stand by what I said before in that if your LL decided to deal direct with you circumventing the HCEO then it is the LL who should be facing the music for the fees owed. The fact he seems to have vanished is not your concern. This may be why they are asking you to voluntarily make payment. Have a read of http://thesheriffsoffice.com/faqs/category/enforcing-a-judgment in particular

What if I do a deal with the defendant outside the enforcement process, who pays your fees?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

im surprised by the ll disappearing as he was the one who turned up to hear the discussion of the hceo fees. the judge allowed him even though it was 'nothing' to do with him. The was a right meddler and wanted me to pay for the world and every problem ( i wasnt responsible for the debt - long story but id given up in the end)

the judge who was consistently unfair made enforcemnet fees liable by me. they were £1000s of lies. shed cut them down and simply said if it was demanded. i paid the landlord a lump sum at court to avoid it going on my credit file which teh judge made sure it wouldnt.

the so never turned up twice. i dont see why i should give them copies of orders.

all i was told was that if it was demanded i could pay in instalments.

my understanding was the ll hired them and it should be up to them to pay. but i have a feeling they cannnot get hold of the order so keep emailing me so that i can pay.....