Apcoa parking 'fine'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

the missus is a nurse and

recently went to a night shift at a different hosipital and

in her rush to get there arrived with no cash on her.....

.already in a rush to make her start time she scribbbled 'staff nurse' on a piece of paper and went to work.

last night received a 'Fine' in the post from apcoa requesting £60 or else...

..£100 if not within a certain time frame.

Pictures of the car on the letter including the hastily written note.

is there any other course of action other than pay the 60 quid?

obviously they have her bang to rights but £60 for something that would have cost her less than a tenth of that seems ridiculous........

thanks in advance

sorry who has her 'bang to rights'?

its a speculative invoice not a fine.

await the NTK

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

by bang to rights i mean that it was a pay and display car park and she quite clearly (esp as they have a pic of the note she wrote!) didnt.

whats the NTK??

Hello there.

NTK = notice to keeper.

Here's a link to the forum stikky that has explanations of the common abbreviations on the parking forum.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-please-read

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

At best, the most they would have her "bang to rights" for would be the cost of the pay and display ticket that she didn't buy.

Not £60 and definitely not £100.

It sounds like you may have already received the NTK in the post (does it say "Notice to keeper/owner/hirer" or similar?)

you will need to lodge a soft appeal with the parking company.

This forum doesn't advocate non payment of reasonable parking fees

in mitigation you could offer the cost of the pay and display ticket for the night shift (and not a penny more) in full and final settlement,

but I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Make it clear though that if they refuse to uphold your appeal,

you want them to provide a POPLA code.

I'll check the letter tonight and if it is a NTK then i'll draft up a letter along the lines of i wish to appeal this speculative invoice,

whilst i accept the cost of the parking for my night shift is (i think £6),

i enclose a cheque for £10 in full and final settlement of this 'invoice' which i've included £4 fo the cost of the letter you sent.

By cashing this you accept this in F&F settlement, if you reject my appeal please include the POPLA code upon return.

Having seen certain PPCs in the past take a cheque sent in F&F settlement, cash it then continue to pursue the keeper for the outstanding amount. I wouldn't trust them to not accept it, but to cash it anyway. You have to understand that you're not dealing with reasonable people here.

I'd draft the letter stating that the driver has acknowledged that they were unable to buy a ticket, and that you are willing to offer £10 in full and final settlement of the matter (£6 for the parking and the remaining £4 to cover their reasonable costs). In other words, get them to agree to it in writing before you send the cheque.

don't forget popla

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It would be wise for her to dig out her employment terms as they may say whether she has any obligation to pay to go to work. I bet it doesnt but the gnomes who run the admin in the NHS are too afraid to say anything that may cause their bosses to get upset, even if there is no cause for the parking co to claim anyway.

Now read your terms of service again. You may ahve to pay to park but your employment terms are superior to any parking contract. generally the parking co fall down flat because of this but you can bet your bottom dollar that your employer wont help you as they are the ones who signed the contract with the parking co. That has nothing to do with parking management or diversion of resources and everything to do with avoidance of corporation tax.