Investigation meeting!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, panicking a little bit here. I found you're site today and I must admit it's a great source of comfort to know I'm not going through this process alone.

So I have an investigation meeting today and I haven't received any correspondence from them at all in the 4 week period that I have been suspended apart from a phone call on Tuesday asking me to attend this meeting.

They've said that they have tried to contact me a number of times, which just isn't true because I've been glued to every possible means of contact for the last 4 weeks praying for some communication.

So I work with teens who are disadvantaged in care units supporting them in becoming independent. What the manager said to me when she suspended me was "One of the Young people (the teens) has made a complaint about me and I'm suspended WITHOUT pay until the matter is resolved, they will be in contact soon to organise an investigation meeting".

Now I've worked in this field for about 3 years from time to time people make complaints either through spite or just to rock the boat. But I'm going into this meeting blind as I had only recently come back from annual leave so I hadn't been back at work long enough for someone to make a complaint. And all the shifts I completed were pleasant I followed procedure at all times and if I have a query on something I wont just make a decision I will ring up and either ask my line manager or if it's out of hours I'll ring the on call manager.

I'm just really worried and panicky and I honestly can't think of anything I've done wrong, I've gone through all of those shifts in my head and nothing jumps out at me.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated and I'll update later on with what went on at the investigation meeting.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

The forum guys should be along later, please bear with us until they're able to get here. :)

My best, HB

thanks just waiting for the train now and still panicking just hope it will all be over soon!

Hi hannahf

Welcome to CAG

You are right in that you should know much more then you do regarding the allegations made against you, this is just an investigatory meeting, so they will tell you at the meeting. Try not to worry, update the thread when the meeting has finished. Then we can advise further.

Are you on permanent contract? If so I think suspension should be with pay.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Been postponed until 4 so another hour of waiting I'm on a permenant contract but it's a 0 hours one I think, I'll discuss it wwith them in the meeting

thanks for the speedy replies.

A few things

Ask if you can take a witness with you to the meeting

Request to view the notes at the end and make sure accurate points are noted and not misleading. Request changes if you feel they are not accurate notes of the meeting.

Request a copy and agree in the meeting (So it is noted down) that you want a copy of the notes and how this will be done.

If you feel like you are about to lose control through anger or other emotions, request a short break to compose yourself.

Update this thread when you know more

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.